(imported comment written by Lee Wei)
Content Droplist Filter:
- The Content droplist will retrieve all baseslines and sites available to the login Web Report user.
- There are a few pre-defined selections:
All Microsoft Critical Fixlets
- All Patches for Windows (English) critical Fixlets, excluding corrupted or superseded patches.
Microsoft Patches (Current Period)
- Automatically calculates the Fixlets published from the Patch Tuesday to the Monday before the next period. Excludes all corrupted or superseded patches.
Microsoft Patches (Previous Periods)
bes fixlets whose (name of it as lowercase starts with “ms09-065”)
This will return all Fixlets with names starting with MS09-065.
Computer Group Droplist Filter:
- The Computer Group droplist will retrieve all computer groups available to the login Web Report user.
- There are 2 few pre-defined selections:
- Straight forward retrieval of all computers. It is not a good idea to use this if there are too many computers. Always try with a smaller subset.
All Windows Computers
bes computers whose (now - last report time of it < 7*day)
This will return all computers who have reported within the last week.
The Compliance grid displays individual computer compliance status against all the Fixlets selected.
- Meanings for the various columns:
- All the Computers that became relevant for this Fixlet at some point. Let’s assume that a new Fixlet is added to the BigFix system, note that Applicable will be zero because no Computers would have been evaluated as relevant. So the applicable count shows only results after the installation of the BigFix agent. Installed + Outstanding = Applicable.
- Any Computers first detected as relevant, which are now remediated.
- Computers that are still relevant.
This percentage output is calculated with formula (Installed / Applicable) * 100.
The Export to Excel function uses a newer browser feature call Data URL. Unfortunately, the support across browsers is not consistent, and as this is written, it only works with FireFox or Safari.
Although the grid does paging, this is only a Client Side feature rather than true paging from the Server.