How to create interactive Fixlet Compliance by Content BigFix WebReports on Bigfix v11

Hello all,

can someone please guide how can we create a report against the baseline? Before we created a report against the baseline on BigFix v9.5 using the following link Report Available: Fixlet Compliance by Content. Unfortunately, Fixlet Compliance by Content v1.1.beswrpt doesn’t work with Bigfix v11. Please advise how can we create pc/server compliance Web Reports against BigFix v11.0

your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

@Aram, @MDG, @HCLJordan, is there any update we can provide the customer on WebReports and these historical @leewei reports updated to be compliant?

The report you point to should be working just fine with v11 but please note there are a number of security features are ON by default on latter versions of WR that maybe blocking custom reports, so might need to check/disable them.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BigFix\Enterprise Server\BESReports]
“AllowUserViewCustom”="1"
“AllowCustomReportCreation”=“1”

Hello ageorgiev,

I have enabled the registry key but still it is not working on Bigfix v11. Please advise if any other changes I need to make. Thanks

Will need a bit more - are you seeing any errors in the browser? Are there any changes in behaviour? Is it loading the report at all and what exactly is not working? Have you enabled logging on WR side and do you see any errors in it?

Also, after you changed those reg keys have you restarted WR service (not 100% sure it’s required but you are better off to do it just in case)?

i don’t see any error on the browser. It’s trying to load the page but failed. i have attached screenshot for you. to take a look

Are you importing the exact report from the above link? Just reading the requirements listed should tell you this will never work:- Flash Player is long gone as an external software and fully removed from all browsers.

Requirements:

The report works in both Web Reports version 7.2 and 8.0.
The charts require Flash Player 9.0 or above.
The export to Excel function requires Firefox.

@ageorgiev, you’re correct in that the charts don’t work, but the rest of the report still works in BigFix 10.

@kfaisal574, have you tried the Fixlet Compliance by Content v2.0 report in BigFix 11?
See: BigFix Custom Reports_att_Interactive Fixlet Compliance Reports v2.0.zip

This is on the Attachments tab of the wiki article: Interactive Fixlet Compliance by Content Report

3 Likes

I am also getting the same issue post upgrade to BigFix version 11.0.0.175 and tried the v 2.0 as well that also not working

Did you check those settings on the WR server already?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BigFix\Enterprise Server\BESReports]
“AllowUserViewCustom”=“1”

Anybody figure this out? Apparently the custom report : Fixlet Compliance by Content v2.0 , does not load anymore after the upgrade to BFv11.

Just stuck on “loading”; and we validated the settings for
“AllowUserViewCustom”=“1”

Yes I came across this recently as well. If you are on BigFix 11, you must upgrade to at least 11.0.1 and apply the EnableCSPHeader value (set to 0 to disable CSP on Web Reports)… details at Enabling security policy for reports

2 Likes