Report Available: Baseline Compliance by Computer Group

(imported comment written by gcibirch91)

Hi Lee Wei

The next page after clicking on the computername gives me too much info. Is there a way to customise this to show just patched and missing.

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

gcibirch,

Anything is possible, you just have to buy more tokens (peanuts) and feed this monkey.

I will make a note for the next iteration.

Lee Wei

Hi Lee Wei

lol…thanks for this.

If its possible i can then go back to my boss with a possibility of a report that works for us.

thaks

(imported comment written by TommyG91)

Lee Wei, you are the BigFix god! This is totally awesome!

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

I recommend this and Lee’s other reports be made a sticky.

Lee, any chance you can add drill down, as gcibirch mentioned, to this one like you did for Microsoft Patch Compliance by Computer Group?

Thanks again Lee!

As I said rather than drill down into another page which gives too much info can we have the results expand underneath servers…nice quick report

Hi

Any news on this. Going to our major test on this months patches and want to be able to do a report on this.

Thanks

Lee

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

This report has been superseded by the one posted here:

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=4307

The new report is much faster with more features. I have changed the way the results are calculated yielding much performance improvement.

Please give it a try.

Lee Wei

Lee Wei,

The Baseline Compliance by computer Group report would solve a report request. The superseded report links are no longer valid. Can I get a copy of this report and or the superseded reports?

@jwgibson949, John, the reports that you probably already have should provide similar and better capabilities over the one here.

Schedulable Compliance by Computer

Interactive Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group Report

How do I add a baseline to the scheduled compliance report if need be. I reviewed the interactive compliance by computer group with the customer. They like the report, but they want it emailed . If removing the charts (interactive flash) from the report template , would that allow emailing of the report? If so can you provide some guidance on how to do that?

The scheduled compliance by computer report would may work but how would i add a baseline vs. the patches for windows site? The content in the interactive report however is what they would like.

With the Schedulable Compliance by Computer report, it uses the standard Web Reports filtering mechanism. So you can find Baselines using the “Content” and search by Name.

So I am having issues using the correct filter. Using the default , I change the site to master action site instead of Patches for Windows and I add filter for Content and select Name and is and Report for Baseline (name of the baseline) and I add source severity is Important. The result is no data and compliance is NaN% . even if I go back to site is patches for windows with the above I get the same results.

I tried this. I removed the site , and source severity and was able to show results.

However I think the report that is the interactive report which shows compliance and outstanding fixlets without the graph makes the most since. if the graph is removed can this report be delivered by email . the reason this reports makes since is that it lists by endpoint the patches that are needed against the baseline.

@jwgibson949, it would not be easy to make the interactive report email-able. It is written to be interactive in that the filters are determined at runtime, and also there the endpoints/computers in the bottom grid are only shown when a Fixlet is selected. Those are all runtime interactions not possible with a static emailed report.

Thanks for the response Lee Wei and that is understood.

Just to add I have had requests to provide before and after report that shows the same details from this same report template but only of the last two viewe of this report , " Compliance for all" and “Outstanding fixlets” for all when compared to a baseline or patching site. Which lists the computer with applicable patches in the list as well as providing summary view.

Hi Lee, Thank you so much for this report. Just a quick question, when I make additional filter changes why do I keep getting NaN% instead of the graph? And once this starts is hard to get the graph back again no matter if I change it back to the priginal or not. Any thoughts

Hi, did you ever get this resolved? I’m get NAN% also and I really need to get some reports out for the bosses. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Would anyone have this Report to share or a more current one that is based on computer baseline compliance?

Check here: