Relocation of wwwrootbes directory to another partition

(imported topic written by buck91)

Hi. Apologies if the answer to this is easily found, and i would humbly accept any pointers to such as you might chastise me with

The NTFS we have our BigFix Program Files on ran out of space, b/c of junk in the

wwwrootbes\Uploads

directory and other stuff, so i tried shutting down all BigFix services and changing all the registry value instances of

Program Files…\wwwrootbes\

to

e:\wwwrootbes\

and copying the junk over there and restarting, but it seems like the ``site’’ manifests (or whatever they are) are still being packaged in the Program Files subdirectory [*] , so clients aren’t seeing updates

Something else i need to change? Obviously. So, pray, tell

Thanks

–buck

[*] at least when our people are doing their own Custom content creation; don’t know about the Gather process, but i don’t see any of the timestamps in e:\wwwrootbes\bfsites changing, while stuff in the Program Files subdirectory definitely is

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey buck,

Yea… doing this is problematic because there are certain files (like the actionsite.cfg and actionsitecommit.bat) store the locations of some files in the wwwrootbes.

Here is what I suggest:

Ben

(imported comment written by buck91)

Thanks for the info; Paul K. of your support group gave me the same answer

I, however, being ignorant, brashly did the following instead, and am awaiting whatever cataclysm is imminent:

I used Mark Russinovich’s junction.exe tool to replace

programfilesfolder\bigfix enterprise\bes server\wwwrootbes

with a junction that points to the copy of the directory i made on the other, emptier drive

e:\wwwrootbes

after copying the additional recently created

programfilesfolder\bigfix enterprise\bes server\wwwrootbes

contents into that latter and renaming the folder to get it out of the way. So, after reverting the registry value changes (not really needed, i surmise) and starting back up all the BES services i’d killed beforehand, i’m told things seem back in order (minus the disk space problems)

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Well… The installer was built to do this, but if you can find all the references in the files and change them, then I guess you will be ok… be extra cautious the next time you upgrade though…

Ben