ENDED: BigFix @ Interconnect 2016 - Feb21th->Feb25th

Info for Interconnect / Think 2018 is here: ENDED: BigFix Sessions & Global User Group Meeting @ IBM Think 2018

Short link to this post: bit.ly/BigFix2016

The IBM Interconnect 2016 conference covers most IBM products, including BigFix.

This post will be updated from now until the end of the conference. Be sure to check back.

BigFix @ Interconnect Conference Schedule

Session rooms:

Most of the BigFix sessions will be in the room Lagoon H while most others will be in either Lagoon C or Ballroom B. There will be some BigFix related “Meet the Experts” sessions in the EXPO, some in the Engagement Center, and some others, including @sbl in a keynote in Oceanside E. There will also be BigFix related booths on the EXPO floor.

##BigFix Related IBM Certifications
More Info: Think 2024 | IBM

Hours of Operation:

Monday the 22nd: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday the 23rd: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday the 24th: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday the 25th: 8:30am – 12:30pm

IBM Events Mobile App

Download the IBM Events Mobile app, choose Interconnect 2016, and login with your email address and confirmation ID. You can also reset your password to something else.

Related:

6 Likes

Hoping to go this year. I think it has all been approved :smile:

I was wondering which hotel, so I will look at Mandalay and hope something is available still.

1 Like

I’ll be there :smile:

I believe Avnet Security Services has a booth this year too so stop by and we can geek out about BigFix

1 Like

We will be having our first planning meeting this Friday to discuss the BigFix User Group meeting at Interconnect. So in short it will be happening and it will be on Sunday before the conference. If you are planning your travels I would plan to arrive early Sunday or better yet Saturday night.

Also if you have attended before (or even if you have ) and have suggestions, comments of what you would like to see or NOT see please let me know so we can incorporate your feedback into the usergroup event.

1 Like

I’ll be flying in sometime Saturday so I will see folks there. This year I’m within 0.7 miles from Mandalay!

2 Likes

I’ll also be flying in sometime Saturday, and I’m open to meeting up with anyone who’s interested.

1 Like

I will be in Saturday as well. I am open to meeting up with any BigFix-ers Saturday night.

2 Likes

Just how “early” on Sunday? I’m currently scheduled to arrive LAS at 10:30 AM Sunday.

@atlauren , I assume you are referring to the BigFix User Group Meeting on Sunday the 21st. It will be at 1pm, which I just found out on Friday and haven’t updated the post to reflect that.

@jgstew. Do you have the map of the convention center? I thought you posted one or a link to one last year.

1 Like

There are maps embedded in this post: ENDED: BigFix @ Interconnect 2015

But they point to what is probably the wrong rooms for this year.

I’m staying at New York New York. Saturday night dinner is most likely Shake Shack for me (ITS SO GOOD). I’m up for winning a lot of money for other people at the Craps table later if folks are up for it (I went on a legendary run at the last Interconnect).

2 Likes

Pimp My Session.

If you’re planning on attending Interconnect and building your agenda here are my presentation details:

SME-5593 : Full Speed Ahead with IBM BigFix at Stanford University

Session Type : Breakout Session
Date/Time : Mon, 22-Feb, 01:30 PM-02:30 PM
Venue : Mandalay Bay SOUTH
Room : Lagoon H
Presenter(s) : Steve Hull, IBM; Jeremy Tavan, Stanford University

I will be hosting the usergroup meeting on Sunday.

I just found out I will be presenting also on Monday at 10:30 am. Don’t have all the details yet but more to come…

and if you have come to my sessions before you know it will be awesome and I plan to give out Stanford SWAG as prizes.

/Stacy

2 Likes

The BigFix User Group details have been confirmed and updated in the top part of the post.

If anyone is planning on attending the BigFix User Group and is interested in doing a short 10 minute or so presentation, post a reply or message me.

• looking for customer stories, interesting projects, and uses.
  • for a more technical audience than the conference in general
  • shouldn’t be a marketing or sales pitch

Hey Stacy…couldn’t make it last year, but I’ve cleared my calendar for that week so I’ll be there this year. I’m coming in Thursday night so I can attend the Sales Academy (I’m not in sales, but always like to hear what the sales guys are encountering when they meet with customers and how they win/lose deals…Good tactical info).

Why don’t you set a place/time so we can all meet-up and have dinner/drinks/etc?

Mike

1 Like

Hi @jgstew. @masonje and I will be there and could discuss any number of topics pertaining to our enterprise rollout, services expansion and hardening. Let me know. Thanks, @cmcannady

2 Likes

That sounds great. If you have some more specifics of the things your considering and want feedback on which to present, thats fine, otherwise just have something prepared and you can present it.

Having a slide deck is optional if what your presenting doesn’t need it.

I would be interested in talking about how we have used BigFix and SharePoint to show risk owners the compliance of the systems that they own.

1 Like