ENDED: BigFix @ Interconnect 2016 - Feb21th->Feb25th

Thanks @cmcannady and @eredmond for your willingnes to participate.
Can you PM me your full name, company and a descriptive title of your presentation. I will be sure we add this to our agenda item for out next meeting.

@mxc0bbn - I look forward to seeing you as well. We don’t have formal plans yet but stay tuned as we get closer to the date.

1 Like

To send a private message through the forum:

You click on your avatar, and click the little envelope icon, which should go here: https://forum.bigfix.com/users/YOUR_USER_NAME/messages

Then click the new message button.

Then add the users you want to be in the message.

1 Like

I have no new message button when I click on the Messages icon. Is it because I am considered a “new user”?

1 Like

What is the admission fee for this? Might fly in from Orlando.

The BigFix User Group is free, but attending the conference and sessions for the rest of the week is expensive.

The standard rate for the Interconnect 2016 full conference pass is $2,095 while a single day pass is $895.

CC: @rohan

Register your interest in attending the BigFix User Group Meeting at Interconnect 2016 here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/interconnect-global-bigfix-user-group-meetup-tickets-21014729622

It is optional, but it also allows you to easily add the event to your calendar, which is handy.

I also edited the Top post to include the evite registration.

…and thank to Ed I got your PM and have added it to our agenda for planning.

How did you find all the details of the session you will be presenting? When I go to the session preview tool, I don’t see that info and the agenda builder seems to point to last year’s Interconnect.

CC: @rohan

I got my session details from an email from "interconnectspeaker@maritztravel.com" on Dec 17, 2015.

Details are still sparse on my other speaking appearance but here is what I know I will be on stage with Marc Van Zadelhoff the IBM General Manager for Security during a keynote presentation.

Time/Location
Monday February 22rd @ 10:30am in the Oceanside Mandalay E, Mandalay Bay Conference Center

1 Like

I got a similar email with details, but it is a bit annoying not being able to send people to a link for the session with the actual details of when/where/etc…

Ultimately you want interested users to get the details on their calendar, but most things seem determined to make this difficult outside of manual entry. Creating an EventBrite for a session and a public Google Calendar for all of the sessions seem to be the only options to make this sort of thing functional, but I can’t even make a Google Calendar at the moment because I can’t get the details of all of the sessions, which is perplexing with the event less than a month away.

Here is the link to register and buy InterConnect conference passes- http://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/us/en/interconnect/register/

I will find out if expo only passes are available and update this thread.

1 Like

Thanks. I thought Expo only passes were available, but perhaps I was mistaken. Let us know what you find.

So there are no expo only passes available for clients to purchase…

1 Like

just spoke to the conference team and a new agenda builder site will be launched this Friday… I will update this thread with the link on Friday.

1 Like

There are no EXPO only passes, so your only options are a full conference pass or a single day pass for the conference, but you can attend the BigFix User Group Meeting before the conference for free.

Thanks for the update! I’ll probably just get the one day pass, visit the BFUGM Sunday and use the one day for Monday.

2 Likes

I think that is a smart way to do it if you aren’t going to be able to go to the entire conference.

Hi James,

My name is Kiley, my colleague @jgallas and I would like to speak at the user group. We migrated to BF from Altiris a year ago and want share our experience. We both registered with this info, but wanted to inform you here if it is easier to coordinate times and details.

Thanks

2 Likes

Are the details on this one out yet?

I just finished using the IBM Mobile Events app to search for “BigFix”, and add all events to my calendar. As a nice surprise this year, the app can also access the mobile device’s calendar – and therefore write them to your designated default calendar (Exchange/Google/iCloud/whatever).

However, the app seems finicky in writing an event to the device’s calendar. I found that if I rapidly moved from event to event, adding each to the default calendar (Exchange, in my case), the events didn’t actually appear in the calendar. Instead I selected to an event, added it to the calendar, waited for it to appear in another client (to prove the write succeeded), and then moved to the next event. Annoying, but not devastating. :unamused:

More disappointing, the version of the event in my calendar doesn’t have the event descriptions. :disappointed:

1 Like