`BigFix Global Search` Dashboard and WebReport

I created a dashboard and webreport that allows you to search all bigfix content by name and type.

The code is effectively identical between the two of them, but in the case of the dashboard, it is wrapped up in a little XML that the BigFix Console needs.

The dashboard can take a little bit to load, but this is almost entirely due to the slowness of Internet Explorer processing and rendering the table and not generally the session relevance query that powers it, though that could be slow as well. In my testing the session relevance took about 2 seconds, give or take, but that will vary depending on the console / web reports and the amount of content in question. In my case, the 2 seconds was with over 40000 items.

Screenshot:

I tried an alternative method for creating this report / dashboard, but it was slower and less functional: bigfix-content/dashboards/BigFixGlobalSearchListJS.ojo at main · jgstew/bigfix-content · GitHub

BaselineStatusResults Dashboard

I need to do some further validation of the session relevance, but this one is interesting as well: bigfix-content/dashboards/BaselineStatusResults.ojo at main · jgstew/bigfix-content · GitHub

This gives the % of failure, # failed, and #total of each baseline component after selecting a particular baseline. It also displays a pie chart of # of failures of all of the components, which is much more interesting if there are more components.

4 Likes

I have tried using the BaselineStatusResult Dashboard but will get unexpected results from it. The Choose a baseline to examine drop down does not pull any information form the BigFix baselines.

1 Like