WebUI 9.5.14 Data Sync Failing

Hello All!

This is my first post so please go easy on me. I recently deployed the BigFix WebUI based on some posts I read in here with regards to making it easier to do patches. When I deployed this last week it was working fine for a few days but then out of the blue the login page changed from an IBM login page to an HCL login page and I can no longer login.

After entering my credentials I get all green check marks except for “Loading Device Groups” and I just get a spinning white circle that says please wait.

In the datasync.log file I am seeing the below error message which seems to be related to the collation setting of some fields in the SQL database. I have searched for hours and can’t find anyone with a similar problem.

Tue, 07 Apr 2020 19:27:00 GMT bf:datasync:storedProcedures:error Failed to execute “exec WEBUI.COMPUTE_DEVICE_GROUPS ?, ?;” after 5 attempts. Error message: Cannot resolve the collation conflict between “Latin1_General_CI_AS” and “SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS” in the not equal to operation.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Mike

I would suggest to open a ticket with support.

I think I know what happened here. I think we’re seeing a variation of https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0073369. I’m not sure how far you got with support already, but I think the fix involves only a couple of lines of changes in MSSQL Studio. I think you should still go through official support channels, but if you need something now let me know.

1 Like

Thanks @dexdexdex

I inherited this BigFix environment from my predecessor and there really wasn’t much documentation with regards to our licensing and support agreements. I’m in the process of getting that all updated but am unable to open a support case until it is all resolved.

The link you shared looks to be exactly what I am experiencing at the moment. It says this should have been fixed in the Jan 2020 release which I think I am using but still have this problem. If you can share any fix or workaround that would be great.

Hello, the issue you report is similar but not the same. Can you please open a support ticket to have this tracked? Thank you

Yes I encourage a support ticket, but I sent Silverone what I think will likely fix the problem anyways. I think we’re hoping to have a fix out in production fairly soon.

Hello,
this issue is same like somebody describe up (bug reported from our env)
You can easy repair this.

1. change StoredProcedure [webui].[compute_device_groups] in section about create table >

create table #COMPUTED_DEVICE_GROUPS (
UserHash bigint not null,
ComputerID int not null,
GroupNames nvarchar(1024) COLLATE DATABASE_DEFAULT null
);

1. remeber, after WebUI service restart, you must repair procedure again, until HCL have patch for this
    you can use sql agent for running scheduled job

Roman

Just an FYI, this fix got pushed into production on Wednesday with this push: A new update to WebUI applications is available