Web Report - Comments from Asset / Computer page?

(imported topic written by Vern91)

Not sure what I am missing. Is there a way to get the comments specific to a machine. These comments are at the bottom of the computer asset page and has the console operator and the time the comment was added. Looking to create a report that contains these comments.

Machine Name Location Comment Date

ALA-XPTest-L1 Storage Awaiting disposal 4/24/2009

bla

bla

bla

Once would thing that to be really easy to do.

Any help would be great.

Vern

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi Vern,

It doesn’t look like we have a built-in report for this, but you can use session relevance to get this info… Try this session relevance (you can use the presentation debugger: http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=508) and see if it gives you the info you want:

(names of it, value of results (bes property “Location”,it), (text of it & " – " & timestamp of it as string) of comments of it) of bes computers

Ben

(imported comment written by Vern91)

Can you cast that timestamp to something more reasonable ?

(imported comment written by jessewk)

That’s the standard MIME formatted time stamp we use throughout BigFix. It can be manipulated with various date/time inspectors. What would you like it look like?

HI Jessewk

It would be super to have a report that would pull up all machines with loaction ( a costom field), comments and date ( DATE - format MM-DD-YYYY )

ie

Machine Name Location Comment Date

ALA-XPTest-L1 Storage Awaiting disposal 4/24/2009

VAN-Box1-D1

ALA-MyTest-L2 In Rack

BOS-Broken-D1 Storage BOS-Awaiting disposal 5/12/2009

YOW-Jones-D2

The relevance that Ben provided helped alot, but it returned only machines with comments. I am using this report to track machine that have become inactive in the last 30 days. I can create a filter to remove the machines that have reported in the last 30 days. Some will have comments " In storage", “Broken” , that we can use to quickly weed out the ones that we have no knowledge about.

For example, ALA-MyTest-L2, is missing and we need to find it. Once found comments will be added if it is unservicable or the BESClinet will be reset, hence removing it from the “30 day” list.

It would be nice if Comments were an option in the pre-canned properties selection for web reports.

Cheers

Vern

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Does this query work for you?

concatenation "" of (html (it as string)) of (link of it, concatenation ";" of values of results (it, bes properties "Location by Subnet") , (if (exists comments of it) then (((if length of it = 1 then "0" & it as string else it as string) of (month of it as integer as string) & "-" & (if length of it = 1 then "0" & it as string else it as string) of (day_of_month of it as integer as string) & "-" & (year of it as string)) of date (local time zone) of timestamp of it & ": " & text of it) of comments of it else "No Comment")) of bes computers

On my deployment, the output looks like this:

BIGFIX-4C8ACE5B, , No Comment

BIGFIX-4C8ACE5B, , 03-16-2009: foo

IntelMac, , No Comment

BIGFIX-4C8ACE5B, , 03-16-2009: foo

I don’t have a ‘Location’ Property. If there was result for that property, it would be between the ‘, ,’

Great. Thanks for the help.

Working on formatting now and tables.

Cheers

Vern

Well, it has been a long time since I have coded anything. I just cant seem to get this into a nice little report with nice little tables and columns.

Help…please

Cheers

Vern

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is there a way to show all comments in the console or web reports?

I turned this session relevance into a console dashboard and web report:

1 Like