Sync content from BigFix.me to your IEM environment

For those of you who have enjoyed sharing or using the IBM Endpoint Manager custom content in BigFix.me web site… Stay tuned!!

We are working to smoothly integrate your IEM environment to BigFix.me so for you to get direct visibility of your subscribed custom content from within the console.
We are also working on introducing the software signatures for Software Use Analysis as an additional item you can share and find in BigFix.me.

In the next future you will see the first version of those new features and we’ll look forward to hear your valuable feedback and comments to enhance them.

5 Likes

Glad to see features being added.

Also wanted to link this related post:

The integration is now available! Try this out following instructions at Bigfix.me/learn

You will find two tabs, “Connect IEM to Bigfix.me that explains how to enable the BigfixMeSync plugin
and “Develop SUA signatures” another important addition to our ecosystem sharing platform as far as managing Software signature.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

I’m having an issue with the BigFix.me sync plugin. It doesn’t seem to create the custom site, so the dashboard never appears.

Direct Link to documentation: http://bigfix.me/learn#tabs-5

Task to install the plugin: http://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/3983

Install .NET Framework 3.5 - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn482069.aspx

At the first start the plugin should create a custom site “Bigfix.me Sync” and import on it all the files in dashboard and besdomain folder located in the zip http://files.bigfix.me//bigfixMeSync1.0.0.zip .

You can see details or eventually the error in the log files located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\Applications\bigfixMeSync

I did do those steps, but there were no log files in the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\Applications\bigfixMeSync

I double clicked on the EXE to launch it manually to see what would happen and I got a message about .NET 3.5 being missing, which was due to it being on a Windows 2012R2 server that never had .NET 3.5 installed.

I installed .NET 3.5, rebooted the server, and then it started generating log files.

It is a little annoying to have to open the dashboard for the first time in order for things to get going. It would be nice if that wasn’t required so as much as possible could be automated.

Now I have the issue that I can subscribe to “sites” of content on BigFix.me but I can’t seem to subscribe to a specific user’s full set of content that isn’t in a named site on BigFix.me

I’m setting up the BigFixMe sync dashboard again.

I’m getting an error:

<entry function="retrieveBFMESites" filename="Sites.cs" linenumber="422">
    <timestamp>06/19/2015 01:22:22 AM</timestamp>
    <errorstate>False</errorstate>
    <message><![CDATA[Retrieving BFME sites at :https://bigfix.me:80/site/Download?userName=jgstew&password=XXXXXXXXX]]></message>
  </entry>
  <entry function="UploadDataInternal" linenumber="0">
    <timestamp>06/19/2015 01:22:26 AM</timestamp>
    <errorstate>True</errorstate>
    <message>Error:  The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.</message>
  </entry>
  <entry function="WinIOError" linenumber="0">
    <timestamp>06/19/2015 01:22:26 AM</timestamp>
    <message>Error:  Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\Applications\bigfixMeSync\AllBigfixMe.xml'.</message>
  </entry>

Thanks for the update. It is now working, but not for all of my content on BigFixMe.

It has an issue with something in my user site specifically.

Error: There is an error in XML document (713, 1266). The string ‘’ is not a valid Boolean value.

It would be nice if it would just skip any items that it has an issue with, rather than skipping my entire user site. It would also be useful if it could some how identify what the title is of the item that it is having the problem with. I’m not really certain where the issue is at the moment.

Log excerpt:

<entry function="Main" filename="Program.cs" linenumber="429">
    <timestamp>06/22/2015 17:02:35 PM</timestamp>
    <message>Parsing Guids Table</message>
  </entry>
  <entry function="Main" filename="Program.cs" linenumber="448">
    <message>Discovered 0 Stored Guids</message>
  </entry>
  <entry function="Main" filename="Program.cs" linenumber="553">
    <message>Retrieving BFME sites</message>
  </entry>
  <entry function="retrieveBFMESites" filename="Sites.cs" linenumber="437">
    <timestamp>06/22/2015 17:03:00 PM</timestamp>
    <message>Reading BigfixMe Sites List</message>
  </entry>
  <entry function="retrieveBFMESiteContents" filename="Sites.cs" linenumber="1845">
    <message>Retrieve BFME contents for  jgstew's User Site</message>
  </entry>
  <entry function="retrieveBFMESiteContents" filename="Sites.cs" linenumber="1853">
    <message>Reading Fixlets from  BFME Site: jgstew's User Site</message>
  </entry>
  <entry function="retrieveBFMESiteContents" filename="Sites.cs" linenumber="1864">
    <message>Reading Fixlets from  BFME Site: jgstew's User Site</message>
  </entry>
  <entry function="Deserialize" linenumber="0">
    <timestamp>06/22/2015 17:03:01 PM</timestamp>
    <message>Error:  There is an error in XML document (713, 1266).
The string '' is not a valid Boolean value.</message>
  </entry>
  <entry function="retrieveBFMESites" filename="Sites.cs" linenumber="490">
    <timestamp>06/22/2015 17:03:01 PM</timestamp>
    <message>Found in stored sites jgstew's User Site</message>
  </entry>

I just update the web site rest api fixing some bug, related to the export of content
I 'm also updating the plugin to skip content with problems and track it in the log.
Sooner will be available…

1 Like