Searching Relevance for <not reported>

IEM 9.2.3

We had a rash of bad BESClient installs in our stores. We can correct them with a Task: “TROUBLESHOOTING: Delete __BESData Folder (Linux, Windows)”. I want to delploy the task to just those clients that need it. The console shows these clients showing in the “BES Client Version”, “Full Operating System Names and Service Pack Level”, and “OS Version Number - Windows” columns. I’ve have not been able to find the the relevance to target these PCs. Can anyone shed a little light on this relevance?

Thanks everyone.

You can’t use relevance to target “not reported” results because it means the server has not received the property data from the client, but the client will have a value for this property that is something other than “not reported.” You can just target the task specifically at those clients using the first radio button in the Take Action Dialog, and selecting By Retrieved Property -> BES Client Version -> not reported. This will specifically target the systems that the server does not have a response from. If you have more than a couple hundred of these, you will want to do this in batches because it is generating and sending a separate action to each client.

Note: You will have to add the BES Client Version property as a column in the Computers list in order for it to show up as a targeting option.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to automate the process, but I guess not this time.

Andre

1 Like

If you are just trying to address the <not reported> results in the console for certain clients, it might be sufficient to send them a refresh, which tells those clients to report all properties again.

You can do this by right clicking on a client and choosing “send refresh” in the console. Don’t do this to too many clients all at once as it can bog down the root server as much larger than normal reports will be sent.