REST: Take action on computerGroup

(imported topic written by JesperLarsen)

Hi

I want to take an action on a computergroup, but somehow can not find any documentation saying how to do it. I can target each computer by using the syntax in the wiki’s, and i figured that using custom relevance targeting like:

exists true whose (if true then (member of group IDOFTHEGROUP of site “SITEID”) else false)

somehow works… But when i go into the managementconsole, the action is not showing as an action taken on a group, and that is confusing. So, how do i get to put the action on an actual computergroup?

Kind regards Jesper

From wiki:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
       <BES xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="BES.xsd">
       <SourcedFixletAction>
       <SourceFixlet>
       <Sitename>TestSite</Sitename>
       <TaskID>83</TaskID>
       <Action>Action1</Action>
       </SourceFixlet>
       <Target>
       <ComputerName>bhobbs-db</ComputerName>
       </Target>
       <Parameter Name="_BESClient_EMsg_Detail">1000</Parameter>
       </SourcedFixletAction>
       </BES>

(imported comment written by JasonWalker)

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but there aren’t any replies. I am having exactly the same issue. Has anyone found a way through the XMLImporter to target by property / target by group?

(imported comment written by gearoid)

(member of group NNN of site “actionsite”)

Where NNN is the id of the group you want to target and site is the site where the group was created.

When the group is in the Master Action Site you use “actionsite”.

When the group is in a different site the simplest way to get the site name is to use the approach given in this post (that is create a new group based on the group of interest and look at its relevance)

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014748144#77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014748144

BTW This will not look the same in the console as an action taken via the console and targted to a computer group.