Report Available: Fixlet Compliance by Content

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Hi Zhang Meng,

Here are some comments regarding your questions.

All the code for the report is in the file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot\ext-3.2.0\compliance_by_fixlets.js

Removing a column is easier, because we can add a configuration parameter call “hidden”. You can search for “hidden” and see that “FixletID” and “Category” are hidden by default.

However, adding “Description” and “Error Message” will be more difficult.

The Fixlet object has a property “Body” which is used to display additional information. However, it is an HTML source, and not suitable to be displayed in a grid.

A Fixlet by itself does not have “Error Messages”. Rather an Action taken on a Fixlet might have one. So we need to think further about what you want displayed here.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hi Lee Wei,

Many thanks to your prompt reply.

1. For the error message, we mean the result under analysis, such as “” for compliance.(Please refer to the attached picture below)

2. We don’t have the permission right to access the file where the source codes locate, due to the fact that the TEM application is running on remote desktop and is being managed by another team. Is there any option to modify the codes? Or is there a team in charge of customizing report format in IBM that we can approach? My team is pretty new to TEM and TEM web report.

Looking forward to your reply!Thanks and have a nice day!

Zhang Meng

Zhang Meng,

Base on your description, yes, what you want is possible but not trivial. So the key is to find someone who is familiar with TEM to help do the custom development work. There is a TEM Lab in Singapore, so you can probably ask for their suggestions.

Regarding #2, we not not really accessing any source code, rather add some files to the Windows folder where Web Reports is installed.

If you want to install your own server for reporting without the need to approach the central group, there is an architectural technique that I use here that you check out:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home?lang=en#/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/TEM%20Web%20Console

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by Revdigby)

Hi Lee Wei,

I have been using your Fixlet Compliance by Content (v1.1) and recently have upgraded to BigFix v9.0 and looking at the current version of my Web reports its at Version: 9.0.649.0. Since I have upgraded the reports have not been reporting content from past release dates…I notice on the top of this forum:

Requirements:

• The report works in both Web Reports version 7.2 and 8.0.
  • The charts require Flash Player 9.0 or above.
  • The export to Excel function requires Firefox.

So i assume this will not work on the current version I have?

(imported comment written by Lee Wei 2)

Hi Danny,

The report works for me in v9.586.

The API has no changed, so it should work. Can you tell me more about the symptom of the problem?

Thanks,

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by FrankHansen)

Hi Lee,

if I wanted to add the CVE to the front report can you give me some pointers as to how I would do this? My initial thought was to take the EXTJS script and add a column that was feed from a filearray datasource. This filearray datasource would have the CSV scores and then populate the column.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Frank

First of all, I certainly apologize that the report is not written to be easily extensible.

You are down the right path in terms of editing the datasource array. In general, I can think of at least 3 places where changes would be necessary.

1. The pstorex data array that represents the object within JavaScript

2. Find the Relevance that queries the IEM server for data

3. The Grid widget that displays the data being returned

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by ptholt79)

Hello,

Is there a way to add a column to the Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group v1.6 report? We have a customer that would like the “user name” column in their compliance report.

If there isn’t a way to add a column to the compliance report, is there a way to make this populate by using a custom relevance expression? I’m unsure of what the syntax would be if this was the case.

Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks!

(imported comment written by baknet)

Hi Lee,

How can I schedule this report on bigfix web report site?

thanks.

Unfortunately because of the nature of the report being interactive and based on client side JavaScript, it cannot be scheduled for execution on the server side.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by F2SP_JC_Padilla)

Hello Lee,

This report does not run with version 9.0.853.0. It gives an error as follows. Is there any help i can get?

Error in Session Relevance querying for Fixlets

Image is attached.

The report does work against version 9.0.853 of the TEM Server.

I suspect that the error is coming from a Fixlet content that might be causing the statement to fail.

Copy the Session Relevance from the error page and run it against your server to see if the statement is cause an error in your environment.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by Yuvaraj_Devadass)

Thanks Lee! Reports good

I got similar problem.

unique values of ((“” & name of it & “”) & “||” & id of it as string & “||” & (if (exists category of it) then (if (category of it as lowercase contains “”) then (category of it as string) else (“Unspecified”) ) else (“Unknown”)) & “||” & (if (exists source severity of it) then (if (source severity of it as lowercase contains “” or source severity of it as lowercase contains “”) then (“Unspecified”) else (source severity of it) ) else (“Unspecified”)) & “||” & (if (exists source release date of it) then ((year of it as string & “/” & month of it as two digits & “/” & day_of_month of it as two digits & " (" & day_of_week of it as three letters & “)”) of source release date of it) else (“–”)) & “||” & number of elements of intersection of (unions of ((sets of members whose (exists name of it) of bes computer groups whose (name of it = “ISIE servers”))) ; it) of sets of computers of results whose (exists last became relevant of it AND exists last became nonrelevant of it and last became relevant of it < last became nonrelevant of it) of it as string & “||” & number of elements of intersection of (unions of ((sets of members whose (exists name of it) of bes computer groups whose (name of it = “ISIE servers”))) ; it) of sets of computers of results whose (relevant flag of it) of it as string & “||0||0||” & name of site of it) of elements of unions of ((sets of bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it = true and display name of site of it = “Patches for RHEL6 - Native Tools”)))

When I put this code to API call. I got this error.

A new version 1.2 that has a fix to work with BigFix version 9.2.6 is available here:

Interactive Fixlet Compliance by Content Report

Hi Lee,

I Just had an issue with a number of fixlets in the Patches for AIX Site that have either > or & in the fixlet name causing the XML export to be unable to be opened in Excel due to invalid XML characters.
(Luckily they had 0 applicable Computers so i used the hide fixlets with 0 Applicable Computers option and will probably do so in future anyway)

Not Sure if it is worth adding some logic to the export function to handle XML special Characters.
(Using v1.2 )

Regards
Braithe Morrell

Hello Lee,

I see in a previous post that the Fixlet Compliance by Content v1.2 was a fix to a new version of BigFix. We just updated to BigFix version 9.5.4 a few days ago and that report is no longer running. It just sits at loading. Coincidence??

Could a new version of the report be in the works?

Thanks,

Daniel Mitchell

1 Like

@DTMitchell, Daniel, if the initial page shows Loading, it is probably because the directory structure is not correct, and the JavaScript files are not found.
Can you please check that the directory looks like the following. Some times, uncompressing the zip file creates the wrong structure.
C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot\ext-3.2.0\compliance_by_fixlets_1_2.js

Lee,

Yes…we’ve just checked that directory and that compliance_by_fixlets_1_2.js file is there. We’ve had that report in place for a few months along with the Fixlet by Computer Group report. They’ve both been great for us! The only recent changes we’ve made is updating to v9.5.4.

@DTMitchell, I just tested on my 9.5.4.38 server and it works correctly.
Does the other Fixlet by Computer Group report work?

Can you please turn on JavaScript console output for your browser (depending on what you use) and look at any messages that might be useful?