Report Available: 12 Month Rolling Compliance

Making this report available for download.

The report is based on the Scheduleable Compliance reports, with a 12 month rolling info.

12 Month Rolling Compliance.beswrpt

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! If i understand correctly, when you generate this report it will show the complience level per month independent of when the fixlet is actually installed.

If january patches are installed in March and you generate this report in May the report will show 100% complience in January. Is this correct?

Is there a way to get the actuel status on that month where in the same situation as above, the report will show 0% when generated in may, since the complience at the end of january was 0%, (because of the patches was not patched until march).

I don’t know if i explained that well enough, but thanks for the report! Appreciate your work!

@mfuglem, it is correct that the report is keying specifically on the “Source Release Date” field to group them into the months.
Then it will report on the “Applicable Computer Count” of the Fixlet, which tells of the number of computers still applicable.

It is not possible to report on your scenario because there is no historical information kept.
Right now it is May, but I have no idea of the data back in March for the January Fixlets.

Hi @leewei,

Thanks for the report. It’s something we’ve been looking forward to.

Question: is it schedulable?
When we try to schedule it, we do receive the email with the report but it takes a snapshot of the moment it is being created and is displaying “running”.

Can you advise?

Thanks,

@steini44, @Wouter

@RaphaelWahl, are you using the lwmailer.exe from here?
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Schedulable%20Compliance%20by%20Computer

That should work, but not for CSV.
CSV requires special processing which I did not add for this report.
If HTML or PDF does not work, please let me know.

@steini44, @Wouter

@leewei,

Works perfectly with lwmailer.exe, thank you!

PDF will do for now.

@Wouter @steini44

Hi @leewei

Is it possible to put the received data in a Database? What is the query you use to get those results? I’ve tried to understand your relevance in the report, but no luck so far…

Thanks.

@steini44, Arne, yes it can get confusing.

If I simplify the Relevance to the one that generates a row in the table, this is how it looks like.
The reason why you see the “items” in the front of the statement is because we need to do some simple math with the “number of results”.

Note that the statement below is for Fixlets released 6 month prior, and every month has a different statement.

Just throwing out something for you to look at and ask further questions.

(   item 0 of it,
    item 1 of it,
    item 2 of it,
    item 3 of it,
    item 3 of it - item 4 of it,
    item 4 of it,
    (item 3 of it as floating point - item 4 of it) * 100 / item 3 of it
) of (
    name of it , 
    source severity of it,
    source release date of it,
    number of results whose (exists first became relevant of it) of it , 
    number of results whose (relevant flag of it) of it
) of bes fixlets whose (
    exist results of it and 
    month_and_year of source release date of it = (month_and_year of current date - 6*month))
2 Likes

Thanks man, i’ll play around with it this week!

Hi @leewei

I’ve rearranged your query with our needs and came to the following result:

((name of it, ((number of results whose (exists first became relevant of it) of it as floating point - number of results whose (relevant flag of it) of it) * 100 / number of results whose (exists first became relevant of it) of it) ) of bes fixlets whose (exist results of it and (not (name of it contains "Superseded" or name of it contains "corrupt")) and month_and_year of source release date of it = (month_and_year of current date - 1*month) and display name of site of it contains "Patches for Windows" and source severity of it contains "Critical"))

This will give me the percentage of compliance of the critical patches from the last month (without the superseded and the corrupt ones). Now my question:
How can I add relevance for specific computer groups? I’ve tried adding of members of bes computer groups whose (name of it contains "xxx") at the end, but no luck. My session relevance tester goes into time out…

Any idea?

Thanks!

@steini44, this might work, you can give it a try:

(    name of it, 
    ((number of results whose (exists first became relevant of it) of it as floating point - number of results whose (relevant flag of it) of it) * 100 / number of results whose (exists first became relevant of it) of it) 
) of bes fixlets whose (
    exist results whose (exists names whose (it = "NameOfComputerGroup") of bes computer groups of computer of it) of it and 
    (not (name of it contains "Superseded" or name of it contains "corrupt")) and 
    month_and_year of source release date of it = (month_and_year of current date - 1*month) and 
    display name of site of it contains "Patches for Windows" and 
    source severity of it contains "Critical")
1 Like

Thanks @leewei! Works perfectly (after I’ve checked the box “Do not timeout”).

I need this kind of reports… :slight_smile:
Thanks Leewei