Removing Decommissioned Endpoints - ServiceNow

(imported topic written by Hardison1)

I am searching for an automated method to remove endpoints from the console when they are marked with a status (In Stock, Retired etc.) other than “In Use” in our ServiceNow inventory. I have used TEM Computer Remover but this is still a manual process. Alternatively, If there was a way to create a property that could read the status of a device from the ServiceNow db and display it in the console, I could then sort & manually “Remove From Database”

Anyone tried anything like this? If not, any ideas?

(imported comment written by MMcGough)

You could script the TEM Computer Remover tool and then run it as a scheduled task.

If your ServiceNow db is already integrated in some way with BFEnterprise, this is likely possible. If the databases are not integrated I’m not sure how you would get the values from the ServiceNow db to the BFEnterprise db. Speaking for Professional Services: we would be more than happy to give you a quote on that :slight_smile:

(imported comment written by Hardison1)

Okay, I’m back around to this topic…

I have figured out a way to create a scheduled report in ServiceNow that will generate a .csv file which includes the Serial number of the endpoint as well as the status. That file gets saved to a specific location and overwrites the previous version.

Now I am attempting to create a property that will read that file and return the Status of the computer. Once I have that, I can automate the removal.

My thought was to have the property identify the Serial Number of the computer, locate that line, then return the Status. Something like this…

Q: (exists line of file “T:\EndpointStatusReport\EndpointStatusReport.csv”) whose (it contains (serial_number of system_information of dmi))

E: The operator “contains” is not defined.

I also need to return the status. I have attached a sample of the report.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!