Permissions on shared folders (local and domain user)

We need to be able to generate a simple analysis …

Folder / user / permission

C $ / administrator / Full Control
Folder1 / localuser1 / Full Control
Folder1 / localuser2 / Reed
Folder1 / domain\user3 / Full Control
Folder2 / domain\user3 / Change

We use queries such as:
Analysis

But we can’t get the information clearly and quickly.
I need it separately to then be able to make reports about it.

Any suggestions?

taken from this previous post: Folder/File Permission and Folder/File Auditing Help

q: (account name of trustee of it & " - " & (if (generic read permission of it OR read permission of it) then "R" else "") & (if (generic write permission of it OR write permission of it) then "W" else "") & (if (generic execute permission of it OR execute permission of it) then "E" else "")) of entries of dacls of security descriptors of folders "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client"

A: Administrators - RWE
A: SYSTEM - RWE
A: myusername - RWE

2 Likes

Sure, but I’m just seeing a specific folder. I need about the shared folders on the network.

Hello jdelcol,

Could you please try this:

q: (account name of trustee of it & " - " & (if (generic read permission of it OR read permission of it) then "R" else "") & (if (generic write permission of it OR write permission of it) then "W" else "") & (if (generic execute permission of it OR execute permission of it) then "E" else "")) of entries of dacls of security descriptors of network shares

Regards,
Vitaliy

Hi vnovik,
The query seems to work, but it doesn’t tell me what the shared folder is.

That should get you folders names as well:

q: (names of it, (account name of trustee of it & " - " & (if (generic read permission of it OR read permission of it) then "R" else "") & (if (generic write permission of it OR write permission of it) then "W" else "") & (if (generic execute permission of it OR execute permission of it) then "E" else "")) of entries of dacls of security descriptors of it) of network shares

Regards,
Vitaliy