Folder/File Permission and Folder/File Auditing Help

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Hi Guys,

i am making some client property with this clause:

(account name of trustee of it & " - " & (if (generic read permission of it OR read permission of it) then “R” else “”) & (if (generic write permission of it OR write permission of it) then “W” else “”) & (if (generic execute permission of it OR execute permission of it) then “E” else “”)) of entries of dacls of security descriptors of folder “C:\Windows\system32\spool”

i am getting a correct result with Win2003 but when it comes to win2008 i recieved this error.

Error: Singular expression refers to nonexistent object.

need to know the difference please…

Also need advise on how to go with folder and file autditing…

(imported comment written by brolly33)

your folder may not exist.

Try

q: (account name of trustee of it & " - " & (if (generic read permission of it OR read permission of it) then “R” else “”) & (if (generic write permission of it OR write permission of it) then “W” else “”) & (if (generic execute permission of it OR execute permission of it) then “E” else “”)) of entries of dacls of security descriptors of folders “C:\Windows\system32\spool”

(imported comment written by sgelpi)

I believe the previous poster is correct though I did not see any difference in his code and yours. Try replacing your folder with a location of system statement like below:

Example:

(account name of trustee of it & " - " & (if (generic read permission of it OR read permission of it) then “R” else “”) & (if (generic write permission of it OR write permission of it) then “W” else “”) & (if (generic execute permission of it OR execute permission of it) then “E” else “”)) of entries of dacls of security descriptors of folder (location of system folder & “\system32\spool”)

As long as you are always looking in the system folder under “\system32\spool” it does not matter where it is stored.