Patching Status Automated Report

The link is here:
http://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/forum/patch_status_completion_report.beswrpt

2 Likes

Hi @leewei

How can I get this reports ,
Is there any download file (or) exe to import in web reports ?

(http://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/forum/patch_status_completion_report.beswrpt) this is showing the code only, but when I copied and paste in our webreports (custom reports --> Edit sources ) then no results appear

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

@Nagaraj

Did you try right clicking on the link that @leewei included in his April 10th reply?

You should be able to then click on Save Target as and save it with a beswrpt extension. After that, you should be able to import into Web Reports

Good Luck,
Bob_K

1 Like

Yeah @Bob_K I can save it ( http://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/forum/patch_status_completion_report.beswrpt) as beswrpt extension, but while importing in to web reports it is saying the below error
" Invalid Web Report XML File: Unexpected element: html"

I as using .beswrpt file only,

Hi Wei,

Just want to ask if we can add “last report time” and “Active Directory Path” as additional columns in the report?

Hi @rblazaro can you help me to get the reports template, because I was tried and getting the error when I ran this reports,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

@Nagaraj maybe you can try using firefox as browser. I tried chrome and I got the same error.

Yeah I have tried in firefox as well but no luck,

here are the content I am cpied from that @leewei link, is that correct ?

Patch Status Completion Report Refer to BigFix forum post http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=6851 CustomReport Forum BigFix Community a { text-decoration: none; } a:link { color: #200772; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; } a:hover { color: #FF8000; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; } table { margin: 0; border-collapse: collapse; color: #222; font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; } th { font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: navy; font-weight: normal; background-color: #F2F2F2; border: 1px solid #cccccc; margin: 0; padding: 4px 10px 4px 5px; text-align: left; } td { color: #222; font: 8pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; border-bottom: 1px solid #cccccc; margin: 0; /* padding: 6px 20px 1px 0; / padding: 8px 20px 5px 5px; } td.userinput { color: #222; font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; border-bottom: 0px; margin: 0; padding: 6px 20px 1px 0; } td.errormsg { color: red; font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; border-bottom: 0px; margin: 0; padding: 6px 20px 1px 0; } td.msg { color: #747170; font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; border-bottom: 0px; margin: 0; padding: 6px 20px 1px 0; } h3 { font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: #747170; padding: 4px 4px 4px 4px; color: white; width: 100%; }
" & (if (exists name of computer of it) then (name of computer of it) else (“Name Missing”)) & “”) & td of (if (exists id of action of it) then (id of action of it as string) else (“ID Missing”)) & td of html ("" & (if (exists name of action of it) then (name of action of it) else (“Action Name Missing”)) & “”) & td of (if (exists state of action of it) then (state of action of it) else (“Action State Missing”)) & (if (exists status of it) then (if (status of it = bes action status fixed) then (td of (html “” & status of it as string & html “”)) else (if (status of it = bes action status failed or status of it = bes action status error) then (td of (html “” & status of it as string & html “”)) else (td of (status of it as string)))) else (td of “Action Status Missing”)) & td of (if (exists time issued of action of it) then (((year of it as string & “-” & month of it as two digits & “-” & day_of_month of it as two digits) of date (local time zone) of it & " " & (two digit hour of it as string & “:” & two digit minute of it as string & “:” & two digit second of it as string) of time (local time zone) of it) of time issued of action of it) else (“Issued Time Missing”)) & td of (if (exists start date of action of it and exists start time_of_day of action of it) then (((year of it as string & “-” & month of it as two digits & “-” & day_of_month of it as two digits) of date (local time zone) of it & " " & (two digit hour of it as string & “:” & two digit minute of it as string & “:” & two digit second of it as string) of time (local time zone) of it) of ((start date of it as string & " " & start time_of_day of it as string) as local time) of action of it) else (if (exists time issued of action of it) then ((((year of it as string & “-” & month of it as two digits & “-” & day_of_month of it as two digits) of date (local time zone) of it & " " & (two digit hour of it as string & “:” & two digit minute of it as string & “:” & two digit second of it as string) of time (local time zone) of it) of time issued of action of it)) else (“No Start Date”))) & td of (if (exists end date of action of it and exists end time_of_day of action of it) then (((year of it as string & “-” & month of it as two digits & “-” & day_of_month of it as two digits) of date (local time zone) of it & " " & (two digit hour of it as string & “:” & two digit minute of it as string & “:” & two digit second of it as string) of time (local time zone) of it) of ((end date of it as string & " " & end time_of_day of it as string) as local time) of action of it) else (“No End Date”)) & td of (if (exists issuer of action of it and exists name of issuer of action of it) then (name of issuer of action of it) else (“Issued By Missing”))) of results of bes actions whose (exists end date of it and name of source fixlet of it starts with “MS” and now > ((end date of it as string & " " & end time_of_day of it as string & " " & local time zone as string) as time) and now - ((end date of it as string & " " & end time_of_day of it as string & " " & local time zone as string) as time) < 7
day) ?>
Computer Name Action ID Action Name State Status Issued Date Start Date End Date Issued By
]]>

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

No. It should be like this

@rblazaro Could you please sent the file which you have with correct format?

I can copy your format content and paste it my bes file,

The files with .besrpt extension is an HTML file, so we need to import into Web Reports as HTML.

The files with .beswrpt extension is an XML file, which we should import as XML.

The extensions are less important than the content.

2 Likes

Thanks for your update @leewei

I have tried both extension and getting error only,

I used first method .besrpt with HTML import and it was showing report imported successfully, but not showing the result page, it is showing custom reports page after imported the file like below

then I used second method .beswrpt with XML import and then it is showing below error,

BF Com2

Could you turn me where I am missing,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

The browser could be messing things up as you save it.
Here is a zip of the XML beswrpt file.
https://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/forum/patch_status_completion_report.beswrpt.zip

1 Like

Thanks @leewei

I have tried your beswrpt file in (XML option) firefox also but still I am getting error like “Invalid Web Report XML File: Unexpected element: beswebreport”

I checked the file and I am missing the header.
Can you please try again? Sorry about that.

Hi Leewei Thank you for your updates and I have downloaded the beswrpt file and uploaded but still getting the same error in my test environment,

I don’t have a bigfix server to access and test handily, maybe someone else can verify if they are getting the same issue. Meaning if it is the file or an issue on your side.

1 Like

Hi @leewei - I can confirm the same errors that @Nagaraj is getting.

There appear to be a large number of errors in the file itself, including un-closed tags, comment markers where the relevance tag should be, and character substitutions for quotes, ampersands, less than, and greater than symbols, and possibly missing content.

1 Like

This time I found a BigFix server and loaded the report, and now it should be working. Sorry everyone.
https://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/forum/patch_status_completion_report.beswrpt.zip

The report should load, but it says nothing about what it is reporting on… :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks @leewei
yeah it is loading with out any error but no results :slightly_smiling_face: after loading the report