Patching Status Automated Report

(imported comment written by tscott91)

I think that worked! Thanks!!

Lee, Iā€™m wondering if I could use this report modified to display the followingā€¦

ā€œSystematic listing of all Windows servers patches applied from 6/30/2010 to present.ā€

When I run this report I like the look and even though it doesnā€™t show the exact date / time the server may have gotten a patch it shows when the action started, which may be good enough unless you know of a report that does betterā€¦

I would think you could edit it (maybe not, I donā€™t know) so that it will display all from that far backā€¦ But maybe not being that this report uses that end date to display thingsā€¦

Let me knowā€¦

Thanks!

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

What about this report?

It sounds close to what you need because you can choose a date range, and and if you have the Windows Servers as a group, we can choose that as well.

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=3948

Perfect Lee! Thanks!!

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

I like this report, but have one problem. If we have a maintenance window for a server from midnight to 03:00, and the action runs from that time, i would receive the notification email at 03:05. That doesnā€™t give me anytime to fix any failed patches if there are any.

Is it possible to trigger the email 15 minutes after the action start time? That way, if there are failures, I have time to fix them before the window closes. The downside is the action may stay running for more than 15 minutesā€¦

Bring this topic back up. Is there anyway to report from the start time, not the stop time?

Post #18 touched on this question.

Session Relevance knows about the time when the action is issued by the admin, but not the time when the endpoint actually takes action.

Which one are you referring to?

What i really need is to run the report when the endpoint actually takes the action, because thatā€™s the real time, not when the action was just queued up.

Unfortunately Session Relevance does not have the start time of the actions.

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=6798

(imported comment written by CarloMerhi)

Is there any update on this request/capability? Desperately need this report for my client.

Thanks, Lee!

understood. So what is my work around? My end goal is to get automated reports of patching status during maintenance windows. After the maintenance window is too late because if a patch failed, there is no time left to resolve it.

Hi,

is this report is ready for production iā€™m also looking for this status report. Thanks

Hi Leewei,

This report is really awesome to us but is there a chance we can modify it? instead of baseline can we generate a report that will show the components of the baseline that will include the start and end time of the process of each components?

@LAB, this is the report that reports on Baselines.

If references this post from the older Forum site.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014743189&ps=100000
Take a look to see if useful.

HI Lee,

thank you for providing me those link but I already saw it before, I 'am looking for same report you provided to this site that is really useful to us but it is possible to add another column for the list of components of the baseline?

First of all, you are referring to a report that looks like the following?
By including the components of the baseline - I assume you still want to see all Actions whether baseline or not?

Yes Leewei, it is possible to include the components (fixlets) and instead of the baseline status, issued date, start date and end date it will be show the components status, issued date, start date and end date?

@LAB, message me offline, maybe I can help you by figuring out what you need.
I took a look at the code and there are quite a few things hard coded.
The report does show the results of baseline components.
It is hardcoded to filter out actions taken within the last 7 days.
Only actions taken against Fixlets with name starting with MS, etc.

Is this report still available? The link at the top does not allow me to download it, it just opens it as a web page. Thanks

Hi Lee,
Our Customer requested for the similar report which i am unable open your link in this forrum as it is saying the Content is private.
Could you please help me with the Customization.

BigFix Version = 9.5.7.90
Db = MS SQL

Thanks much.!

Harish