Need to move the web reports from C drive to E

Hi All,

We have a remote Web report and Web UI server and want to move the Web report component from C to E drive and below are the steps that I could found to perform it:

This path is set in the registry of the Windows Server where Web Reports is installed.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BigFix\Enterprise Server\BESReports] “ArchivePath”=“C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsData\ArchiveData”

You can create a custom task to modify the value. Look at Fixlet ID 4591: Enable Web Report Server log in the BES Support site for an example in this context. Note that the Web Reports server must be restarted for the change in path to be effective.

Please confirm if these steps are sufficient to move the web report component from C to E?

Associated link:-1:

Thanks & Regards,
VT

If you have enabled the option to keep archive data for any report, it will fall under this path. However, you can change the path from the registry, which may cause the data to move to a different drive (I haven’t tested).

If you haven’t already, this fixlet will enable webreports logging; it’s purely for troubleshooting purposes. Fixlet will ask you for your preferred logging path when you enable it, and you can tell it to stay in any location you choose.

First off, installing BigFix server components into C drives is something I have never seen done before; this is bad practice. Nevertheless, since you are dealing with and your main objective is to move the entire Webreport component from C to E drive, I have below recommendations for you.

1. Use the drive of your choice to reinstall WebReport; the migration instructions are provided below.
  1. You can also create a Windows Directory Junction; I have tested this method myself, but it is for a different BigFix component.

Steps:

• Stop BESComponent service
  • take a backup of “C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BESComponentFolder” - let’s name it E:\backup\BESComponentFolder
  • Delete “C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BESComponentFolder”
  • Run mklink /d /j “C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BESComponentFolder” “E:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BESComponentFolder”
  • Copy all the files from E:\backup\BESComponentFolder to “E:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BESComponentFolder”
  • Start BESComponent Service
  1. Open case with HCL for improved directions and end-to-end assistance.
3 Likes

Thanks a LOT to my first coach of BigFix :slight_smile:

Here is what I did, I was in the process of application upgrade and I was told to move the webreports from C to F drive, I choose the path in upgrade installer to use F drive and it worked and now I can see all the content and reports are loaded. So do not have to go through the procedure you have shared. But I will ensure it is well documented.

Thanks & Regards,
VT

1 Like