MinimumAnalysisInterval with v9 clients using offers

(imported topic written by PaulPhillabaum)

The wording of one action in task “BES Client Setting: Client UI Minimum Analysis Interval” contradicts itself. The task has three actions:

Click here to increase the Minimum Analysis Interval if you are not using the Offers feature. (Recommended)

Click here to increase the Minimum Analysis Interval if you are using the Offers feature. (Recommended)

Click here to set the Minimum Analysis Interval to the default value.

The action scripts set _BESClient_Report_MinimumAnalysisInterval to 300, 30, and default respectively. There is a comment in action 3, that the default for besclients > v7.2 .1.357 is 60. Hence, the second action will actually lower the interval from 60 to 30. For pre-7.2.1.357 clients, the second action will increase the interval from 5 to 30.

For anyone who is using offers, have you found a value higher than 60 that works well for you?

(imported comment written by Steve_M02)

I think this is a good question

(imported comment written by martinc)

It appears that the information should be updated :slight_smile:

I did see the following from a change log:

-  Raised the default value of "_BESClient_Report_MinimumAnalysisInterval " from 5 seconds to 60 seconds for efficiency

So I guess at one time the “increase” was correct.

For the value, the biggest thing is to not make the value too low as this can really cause some issues as the systems will be spending a lot of time sending reports for no real good reason. The default seems to work well for everything. There are some cases you might want to raise it, but then you might have people who think it should notify them of something right away. :wink: