A few points on User Groups… my experience in relation to events in general.
- Do not schedule an event/UG on or near a holiday.
- Do schedule an event 6 weeks out to allow interested parties to plan accordingly.
- Do advertise on the BigFix forums.
- Do inform a seller to make sure that they can tell people about it.
- Do allow customers to present and maybe allow a few bigfixers.
- Get @gsarai to find some IBM office space. I hear he is a kind host and has a wonderful singing voice.
- Do not schedule a User group on a Monday or Friday.
I also heard from M Phinick that the HCL office is not ideal for parties greater than 15. I do see ample space at either of the left/west IBM offices.
Outside of those items, I here Houston is lovely in July. There is a butterfly center, a space center, snakes, an up and coming local music scene and their are many other lovely sites to see if someone is traveling in from a northern state that looks like a mitten.
If Houston is less convenient, then perhaps maybe any other city in Texas?
Let me know how I can help. I am willing. Later.