How to query lines of file

Hi All.

How can I query value “No” on both redhat and google site on a file with below lines. Thanks

“HOSTNAME Port Test”
ftp.redhat.com”,“21”,“No”
google.com”,“80”,“No”

following texts of firsts "," or following texts of firsts "," of lines of file

Thanks for the reply Sir. Why I am getting below output when running fixlet debugger on a Win2008 R2 server? Thanks

Looks like the file is UNICODE text and you’re using a BigFix version earlier than 9.5. In 9.5 IBM introduced native UNICODE file handling. Pre-9.5 the embedded double-byte characters are all represented in the output and not handled as a single character.

The first two bytes, “fffe” indicate the file encoding type. I haven’t tried this on a UNICODE file yet but I expect this should give what you expect by stripping out the unprintable characters:

q: (concatenation of characters whose ( it as hexadecimal as integer < 127 and it as hexadecimal as integer > 31) of it)of lines of file "c:\temp\port-test.txt"

That should strip off the %00 in the double-byte characters, as well as the %ff%fe header, and anything else outside the “normal ASCII” range of printable characters.

And props to @jgstew, whose Challenge #3 at Challenge #3: What does this relevance do? is my constant reference on this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How to replace a string?

I use concatenation

concatenation “bye” of substrings separated by “hello” of lines of file “test.txt”

hellotesthello
but the output is in one line: byetestbye
instead of
bye
test
bye