Get computers based on Baseline name

Hello all,
I would like to know if there is any way to create automatic group/custom property/Analysis that will retrieve and show me all computers with their properties that are members of specific baseline based on partial string of baseline name.

regards

Are you looking for Relevance that will join a computer to an Automatic Group if it is Relevant to a Baseline?

Yes, I guess you can put it this way also

The following Relevance will evaluate to TRUE for any computers that are Relevant to a Baseline with “what-you-want-to-find” in the name.

exists (values of header "Subject" of it) of relevant fixlets whose ((value of header "X-Fixlet-Type" of it as string as lowercase contains "baseline") and ((Value of Header "Subject" of it) as string as lowercase contains "what-you-want-to-find")) of sites

thank you,
should I replace the “X-Fixlet-Type” and/or the “Subject” ?
I’m pretty new to Relevance.

Nope.

The “X-Fixlet-Type” in this case is “Baseline” since you are looking for Baselines.

Replace the “What You Want To Find” text. The Subject is the Name of the Baseline. I used “contains” so you don’t need an exact match but it does need to be specified in lowercase, unless you remove the “as lowercase” clause from the “subject” portion of the clause. I just find it easier to use Lower case when searching for strings because people are inconsistent when it comes to case.

Hi TimRice,
sorry for the late answer, I’ve tried your suggestions but I have 0 reporting computers.
seems like it won’t find the baseline I want.
I’ve created an automatic group with relevance expression as you wrote and I used “copy>paste” for baseline name, but still the same result -> 0 reported computers.
Did you try this relevance at your BigFix?

When you pasted the Baseline Name in, I’m betting it has Upper case letters in the name. Either make all the characters Lowercase, or remove the “as lowercase” segment of the Relevance.

yes, I understand… I’ve tried it both.
this is my relevance of my automatic group:

1. lower case:

exists (values of header “Subject” of it) of relevant fixlets whose ((value of header “X-Fixlet-Type” of it as string as lowercase contains “baseline”) and ((Value of Header “Subject” of it) as string as lowercase contains “patching”)) of sites

1. as it is (copy>paste):

exists (values of header “Subject” of it) of relevant fixlets whose ((value of header “X-Fixlet-Type” of it as string as lowercase contains “baseline”) and ((Value of Header “Subject” of it) as string contains “Patching”)) of sites

in both of them the result is 0 reported computers

Interesting.

When I take your exact Relevance (the first one), and paste it into the Fixlet Debugger, the first thing it complains about are the “Fancy Quotes”. Once I clean those up and replace “patching” with “forensic” (my workstation is Relevant to two baselines with the word “Patches” in them), it evaluates as follows (after switching the Fixlet Debugger so that is uses the “Local Client Evaluator” under the Debug menu)…

Q: exists (values of header "Subject" of it) of relevant fixlets whose ((value of header "X-Fixlet-Type" of it as string as lowercase contains "baseline") and ((Value of Header "Subject" of it) as string as lowercase contains "patches")) of sites
A: True
T: 0.038 ms

Try fixing the Quotes so that they are no longer the “Fancy” kind that have a different Left and Right.
Try the following …

exists (values of header "Subject" of it) of relevant fixlets whose ((value of header "X-Fixlet-Type" of it as string as lowercase contains "baseline") and ((Value of Header "Subject" of it) as string as lowercase contains "patching")) of sites

I don’t know where I’m doing wrong.
I’ve inserted the relevance you sent me here to the automatic group as it is, just renamed to my baseline name.
I’ll just upload here screenshot of:

1. my baseline name I’m trying to pull out

2. the result of reporting computers (0) and the relevance of the automatic group

3. result of fixlet debugger in my server that is part of “applicable computers” in my baseline

just do not get it where I’m wrong…

Here is what I see in my Console for my computer in terms of Baselines.

Here is the Fixlet Debugger

I don’t know what else to tell you. The Relevance works for me here.

Be sure that when you are working with the Debugger, that you are using a Baseline name fragment that is actually relevant to your computer.

Start at the beginning…in the Fixlet Debugger, in “Local Client Evaluator” mode, try these and see what your results look like:

q: number of relevant fixlets of sites

q: unique values of values of headers “X-Fixlet-Type” of relevant fixlets of sites

q: unique values of values of headers “Subject” of relevant fixlets of sites

Hi JasonWalker,
these are the results:

yes I’ve checked that it’s relevant to my computer.
don’t know what’s wrong…
:frowning:

maybe I can try to at 1st retrieve list of baselines for test just to see if if I can see all my baselines.
can you please help me with this relevance?

Have you set the Fixlet Debugger to the correct mode (Debug | Evaluate Using | Local Client Evaluator)?

If you haven’t the debugger doesn’t have the correct context to get the results. Running in Local Client Evaluator mode is really slow and not recommended unless you need it. The evaluation times you have suggest you are not in the correct mode - your results are the same and evaluation times very similar to mine in the wrong mode.

Agreed. Also what version of client and what version of the fixlet debugger are you using? I would expect an error message if you were not using the Client Evaluator Mode.

To list all Relevant Baselines for your computer …

(values of header "Subject" of it) of relevant fixlets whose ((value of header "X-Fixlet-Type" of it as string as lowercase contains "baseline")) of sites

If you simply want a list of ALL Baselines your computer can see and is evaluating …

(values of header "Subject" of it) of fixlets whose ((value of header "X-Fixlet-Type" of it as string as lowercase contains "baseline")) of sites

For the record, I used the v9.5.5 FixletDebugger, and I am running the v9.5.7 client. (Need to upgrade the FixletDebugger!).

thank you trn,
when changed to “Local Client Evaluator” I got the results.

@TimRice, I just saw that you also asked me to change the mode, but I guess I did not payed attention to it.

so now that I see my client is relevant to my baseline, how can I create an automatic group so it will show me all clients that relevant to my specific baseline?

because from how I see it now, the only way to get to it, is to create a property with the relevance @TimRice sent in the beginning and 2nd step is create an automatic group based on this property. or am I wrong?