Gathering stopped working

Hi,

We are encountering similar issue since Friday. We have the proxy set and it worked properly. Last successful gather was Friday morning.
There were no changes on proxy or firewalls. Any ideas?

Best not to attach current issues with 6yr old posts.

Have you run the proxy config Test to ensure the current config still works? Any chance the user/password being used expired or got locked out? We commonly see proxy changes occurring without server/application owners being made aware, so you may want to double-check with your network team.

Thanks for the reply, wanted to avoid opening a new one on the same issue. Test connection failed and network team already confirmed that no changes were made on proxy/firewall :frowning:
We have no credentials set for the proxy.

If the test is failing then either the proxy config is actually not correct, or the proxy is still blocking some of our requests even though it is configured correctly. If you can’t find any issues with the config, you will have to do a network capture to see the requests BigFix is sending and what responses we’re getting (possibly from the proxy).

@DSimona

Does your firewall inject HTTP header details for tracking purposes? This is relatively common in BlueCoat and other enterprise proxy solutions and can absolutely cause your BES gathers to stop working. This is because the SHA1 site being gathered no longer matches the known SHA1 it’s validated against.

Hope this helps.
—Casey

1 Like

Hi,

Not sure about the HTTP header injecting. This is not an information I have access on unfortunately.

In this case though, the issue got solved - it was not a BigFix related cause.

Thank you!

Any chance you can post the solution. There is a good chance someone may have the same issue at some point and always good to have the solution handy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would have shared but it was not something I changed :frowning:
I am sure it was a proxy issue afterall so that specific team addressed it.