ERROR: Failed to send resend report notification: HTTP Error 28: Timeout was reached

Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:12:51 +0530 – 8176 – Failed to send resend report notification: HTTP Error 28: Timeout was reached: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds
Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:13:01 +0530 – 8176 – Failed to send resend report notification: HTTP Error 28: Timeout was reached: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds

Can you help

Hi Susvar,

Can you provide a bit more detail? Is there a specific issue you are attempting to troubleshoot, or did you have a general question about the error message above?

Please also note that for issues such as this, you can certainly contact IBM support and open a PMR/Service Request:

Where are you seeing this message?

Is this in a client log? Server log? Console log?

We definitely need a lot more information to be able to tell what is going on.

This points to a network issue of some kind. I have also seen cases where the timeout is being reached due to things upstream being busy and the timeout needed to be extended, but I don’t think that is the case here.

I agree with @Aram , A PMR is a good idea in this case.

Thanks Techpros…for your reply

This is seen in BESRelay.log and FillDB.log it stops filldb process and buffer directory stops processing

So this is in the BESRelay.log and the FillDB.log , both on the root server?

That sounds like there is something wrong with the root server process or something wrong between the root server process and the SQL db.

Thanks so what is the fix

Where those logs both on the root server?

Is the database on the root server, or a separate server?

I would definitely file a PMR. It is a very odd thing for this to be happening on the root server since it should be primarily communicating with itself.

Do you have very strict outgoing firewall settings on the root server’s OS firewall?

Is this a Windows Root Server or a RHEL Root Server?

Where those logs both on the root server? --Yes Root server

Is the database on the root server, or a separate server?–Yes Db is on Root server

I would definitely file a PMR. It is a very odd thing for this to be happening on the root server since it should be primarily communicating with itself.–you Can

Do you have very strict outgoing firewall settings on the root server’s OS firewall? --No

Is this a Windows Root Server or a RHEL Root Server?-- Windows Root Server 2012

You definitely need to file a PMR with IBM if you have not already. That is not something I can do for you. I would include a link to this forum post in the PMR.

This sounds like the root server isn’t able to communicate with itself, which doesn’t make sense really.

Have you rebooted the server?

Is this server in production, or is this just for testing? How many clients?

Does it work at all, or is nothing functioning at all?

You definitely need to file a PMR with IBM if you have not already. That is not something I can do for you. I would include a link to this forum post in the PMR.

This sounds like the root server isn’t able to communicate with itself, which doesn’t make sense really. Thanks but currently i need SUA issue that is more critical

Have you rebooted the server? yes but same error found

Is this server in production, or is this just for testing? How many clients? Yes, about 4500 clients

Does it work at all, or is nothing functioning at all? it works but same error seen sometimes on IEM Console and regularly in Filldb and Besrelay log.

If things are working, then this must be a transient error and not a constant error. If this were constant, then I would expect nothing at all to work.

Given that things seem to be working somewhat, then I would recommend increasing the time out on the Console, the Root, etc…

Hi @jgstew,

I have done a entire new setup of Bigfix and I am trying to access this for the first time. But I am getting this error. Is there any fix !

can you join a quick meeting if possible as I stuck for 2 weeks with this !

If you need support you are better off opening a ticket with the Support team. They are standing-by to help.

I would expect to see this in the root server’s log if the server cannot connect to its child relays on TCP/52311. That is often overlooked when setting up firewall rules. The Root and Relays initiate connections downstream to notify clients about new content.

If firewalls or NAT prevent the connections, consider Command Polling (and ignore these log messages) or check out the DMZ Relay configuration which may help.

@JasonWalker thanks for your quick reply. can you join BJ or zoom now ?