Do all the right click tools still work?

I can still browse to a PC, ping, but anything that copies does nothing…

Copy hostname for instance. The reg key list this as the action: Iignore the double\, copied from exported reg key)

“ShellCommandRelevance”="“C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Console\RunQuiet.exe sha1.exe -h " & name of current computer”

I tried to play with that in the fixlet debugger, “name of current computer” is no good in relevance, and “-h” in sha1.exe -h isn’t even supported in Dos… I’m experimenting but so far no good… How did this work before ? What am I missing ? I deleted the whole registry key and reinstalled right click tools to no avail…

try "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Console\RunQuiet.exe sha1.exe -h " & name of current computer

(no quote at the end)

1 Like

Thank you… That’s exactly what I have, no quote at the end - from the official right click tools install from the console. No workie though, it doesn’t copy a thing, and other menus do work - just not the ones that copy things into memory. It used to work - I used it all the time, maybe something that broke when I reimaged to Win10 1809 or following a patch…

What I find interesting is the syntax because as I said “name of current computer” doesn’t fly in QNA (computer name does), nor does sha1.exe -h (bad switch) in DOS. I’m curious how that worked before.

‘name of current computer’ is a Session Relevance query, it won’t work in Client Relevance/Fixlet Debugger.

Session Relevance is a query that runs against the BigFix Database, (REST API, Web Reports, Console Dashboards)…in particular that one only works in the Console, and returns the name of the highlighted/selected computer

I’m not sure that retrieving the sha1 of a computer name makes sense though…what is this menu option trying to do?

Is RunQuiet.exe a BigFix utility? It is not present in my Console installation folder.

Thats odd, do you have the sha1.exe and runquiet in your install directory?

You could also try copying a specific property like this : "C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Console\RunQuiet.exe sha1.exe -h " & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = "property here" ) of current computer)

Ok, this same function using the same regedit entry works perfectly on another machine so there must be something fishy about this particular computer.

Jason this is just a right click “copies the PC name” - it’s from right click options, which I thought came from you guys, it’s installed from the console itself…

itsmpro92 and MMosley, Both runquiet and sha1 are in the location in question - I found out they get installed when yourun the right click tools fixlet, but -h is not a valid sha1 switch when tried in isolation… Yet this works on another PC I just built so I don’t know anymore… No worries… it’s got to be a pc specific issue

edit: I removed the console, delete the reg keys left behind, reinstalled the console and right click tools and it works again !!!

Good deal. Also you can add custom options to your right click panel. Here are a few that I have shared.

For others who are following this thread: right-click tools are an add-on provided by BigFix Labs. The tools are implemented by a custom task that you import into the Master Action Site or a custom site. It will target any computer running the BigFix Console. There is also a global property, which you may or may not need, to detect if Remote Desktop is running on Windows computers.

The content and supporting documentation is available at Customizing the BigFix Console Right-Click Menu

1 Like