Console Right Click Options (Sharing)

Here are a few of the right click options I have created for the Bigfix console plus the default options. For most of them, your PStools folder will need to be in the root of C. (Ignore the name scheme, it was just a quick way to organize them). If you have any others that may be useful feel free to share as well.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\........Start Windows Update Service]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\PSTools\\psexec \\\\\"& name of current computer &\"  net start wuauserv\""
"ComputerApplicabilityRelevance"="true"
"MaxSetSize"=dword:00000000
"MenuDisplayName"="&Start Windows Update Service"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\........Stop Windows Update Service]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\PSTools\\psexec \\\\\"& name of current computer &\"  net stop wuauserv\""
"MenuDisplayName"="&Stop Windows Update Service"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\.......Check for Updates]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\PSTools\\psexec \\\\\"& name of current computer &\"  powershell.exe (New-Object -ComObject Microsoft.Update.AutoUpdate).DetectNow()\""
"MenuDisplayName"="&Check For Updates (WIN10)"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\.....Enable Local Admin/Set Password]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\PSTools\\psexec \\\\\"& name of current computer &\" cmd.exe /c net users Administrator /active:yes | net users Administrator passwordhere\""
"MenuDisplayName"="&Enable Local Admin/Set Password"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\....Stop BES Client]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"sc \\\\\"&hostname of current computer &\" stop BESClient\""
"MenuDisplayName"="&Stop BES Client"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\...Start BES Client]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"sc \\\\\"&hostname of current computer &\" start BESClient\""
"MenuDisplayName"="&Start BES Client"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\..Query BES Client]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"cmd.exe /K  sc \\\\\"&hostname of current computer &\" query BESClient\""
"MenuDisplayName"="&Query BES Client"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\.Update Group Policy]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\PSTools\\psexec \\\\\"& name of current computer &\"  gpupdate /force\""
"MenuDisplayName"="&Update Group Policy"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Browse Computer]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Browse Computer C$"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"explorer \\\\\" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer)& \"\\c$\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Clean PC]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\PSTools\\psexec \\\\\"& name of current computer &\" cmd.exe /c net stop wuaserv | net stop cryptsvc |  rmdir /s /q C:\\windows\\softwaredistribution\\ | rmdir /s /q C:\\windows\\temp\\ | rmdir /s /q C:\\users\\\"& (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"User Name\" ) of current computer)&\"\\appdata\\local\\temp\\ | rmdir /s /q C:\\windows\\softwaredistribution\\ | rmdir /s /q C:\\Windows\\Logs\\CBS\\ \""
"MenuDisplayName"="&Clean PC"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Command Prompt]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Remote CMD"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"cmd.exe /c C:\\PSTools\\psexec.exe -s \\\\\"&(value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\") of current computer)&\" cmd.exe\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Computer Management Console]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Computer Management Console"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"cmd /c mmc compmgmt.msc /computer=\"&(value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer)"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Copy Hostname]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Copy Hostname"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\BigFix Enterprise\\BES Console\\RunQuiet.exe sha1.exe -h \" & name of current computer"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Copy IP Address]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Copy IP Address"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\BigFix Enterprise\\BES Console\\RunQuiet.exe sha1.exe -h \" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"IP Address\" ) of current computer)"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Copy Serial]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Copy Serial Number"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\BigFix Enterprise\\BES Console\\RunQuiet.exe sha1.exe -h \" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"serial_number\" ) of current computer)"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Infinite Ping]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Infinite Ping"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"cmd.exe /K ping -t \" & concatenation \" \" of ( values of property results whose (name of property of it = \"IP Address\" ) of current computer)"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Lock PC]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\pstools\\psexec -s -i \\\\\"& hostname of current computer &\" rundll32.exe user32.dll LockWorkStation\""
"MenuDisplayName"="&Lock PC"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Open Client Log]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Open Client Log"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\baretail.exe %22\\\\\" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer) & \"\\C$\\Program Files\" & (if (exists property results whose (name of property of it = \"Full Operating System Name and Service Pack Level - Windows\" and exists value of it and (value of it as lowercase contains \"x64\" or value of it as lowercase contains \"64-bit\") ) of current computer) then \" (x86)\" else \"\") & \"\\BigFix Enterprise\\BES Client\\__BESData\\__Global\\Logs\\\" & year of current date as string & month of current date as two digits as string & day_of_month of current date as two digits as string  & \".log%22\" "

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Open Run.Bat File]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Open Run.Bat File"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"notepad.exe %22\\\\\" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer) & \"\\C$\\Program Files\" & (if ( exists property result whose (name of property of it = \"64-bit Windows\" AND value of it = \"True\") of current computer ) then \" (x86)\" else \"\") & \"\\BigFix Enterprise\\BES Client\\__BESData\\actionsite\\run.bat%22\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Open SWD Log]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Open SWD Log"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"notepad.exe %22\\\\\" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer) & \"\\C$\\Program Files\" & (if ( exists property result whose (name of property of it = \"64-bit Windows\" AND value of it = \"True\") of current computer ) then \" (x86)\" else \"\") & \"\\BigFix Enterprise\\BES Client\\__BESData\\__Global\\SWDDeployData\\SWD_DeploymentResults.log%22\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\PathPing Hostname]
"MenuDisplayName"="&PathPing Hostname"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"cmd.exe /K iteratecmd.bat pathping \" & concatenation \" \" of ( values of property results whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer) "

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Ping IPs]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Ping IP(s)"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"cmd.exe /K  ping \" & concatenation \" \" of ( values of property results whose (name of property of it = \"IP Address\" ) of current computer) "

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Remote Desktop]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Remote Desktop"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"mstsc.exe /v \" & ( value of property result whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer )\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Remote Registry Enable]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Remote Registry Enable"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\PSTools\\PSService.exe \\\\\"& (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer) &\" setconfig RemoteRegistry auto\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Remote Registry Start]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Remote Registry Start"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\PSTools\\PSService.exe \\\\\"& (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer) &\" start RemoteRegistry\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Set PageFile to C$]
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\PSTools\\psexec \\\\\"& name of current computer &\" cmd.exe /c REG ADD %22HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Session Manager\\Memory Management%22 /v PagingFiles /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d %22c:\\pagefile.sys 0 0%22 /f\""
"MenuDisplayName"="&Set PageFile to C$"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\TivoliRC]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Remote Control"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"%22C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IBM\\Tivoli\\Remote Control\\Controller\\jre\\bin\\javaw.exe%22 -jar %22C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IBM\\Tivoli\\Remote Control\\Controller\\TRCConsole.jar%22 --host \" & hostname of current computer"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Trace Route]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Trace Route"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"cmd.exe /K tracert \" & ( value of property result whose (name of property of it = \"DNS Name\" ) of current computer )\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\ZClose All Processes]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Close All Processes"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"C:\\pstools\\psexec \\\\\"& hostname of current computer &\" taskkill /F /FI %22USERNAME eq \" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"User Name\" ) of current computer)& \"%22\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\ZRestart PC]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Restart PC"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"shutdown -m \\\\\"&hostname of current computer &\" -r -f\""
11 Likes

This is awesome! This will prove to be very useful for us!! Thanks MMosley!

1 Like

This is great work MMosley. I have one question. Many of the properties use “DNS Name”. This doesn’t always work when DNS hasn’t updated or for VPN users. I tried changing to “IP Address” or “Primary IP - Wake CDIR” but neither work.

You could also use hostname of current computer for some of these. Which one are you having trouble with specifically?

Hostname would have the same issue. I only have trouble when DNS is not up to date and why I would prefer to use IP Address. I have this issue with any that use “DNS Name”.

Gotcha. Either way it should still work as long as you have the property named IP Address. I just tested a few of them and they seem to work. What error are you recieving? Add a pause to the end of the script to see if it is pulling everything correctly and what the error is.

Are you sure the IP address reported in the IP Address field currently reporting in BigFix will allow you to “reach” the resource? NAT and VPN can both cause issues here as internal/external IP addresses might not be what you expect.

I am getting the following error: “Not all the selected Computers were able to run the selected action”.

It seems to not like the properties I am using. To answer @brolly33 question, yes I can access the devices just fine if typed manually into an Explorer window. It is not an access issue because the new Explorer window never comes up with an error. The error is generated from the console. Here is the registry details of one I modified.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Browse Computer IP]
"ComputerApplicabilityRelevance"="((value of property results whose ( name of property of it = \"OS\" ) of current computer) as string as lowercase contains \"win\")"
"MaxComputerSetSize"=dword:00000000
"MenuDisplayName"="&Browse Computer IP"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"explorer \\\\\" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"Primary IP - Wake CDIR\" ) of current computer)& \"\\c$\""

I do not have the Primary IP - Wake CDIR property, could you share the relevance with me? I changed it to IP address if ( exists true whose (if true then ( exists ip interfaces of network) else false) ) then addresses whose (it as string != "0.0.0.0") of ip interfaces whose (not loopback of it) of network as string else nothing and it worked. I’m thinking it has something to do with your property.

Also make sure you update MaxComputerSetSize to MaxSetSize

I also tried “IP Address” with the same error. Here is the relevance for “Primary IP - Wake CIDR”. I am going to try a different computer just in case.

addresses of adapters whose (cidr string of it = wake on lan subnet cidr string) of network

You will receive the error if bigfix is still reporting more than 1 IP

I changed the MaxComputerSetSize to MaxSetSize but no difference. I was targetting the “Primary IP - Wake CIDR” because that only includes the IP comunicating with a relay. Neither work even with devices having one IP. Are you saying IP Address worked fine for you?

@brolly33 Yes mulitple times this has been tested. This is why I want this to work so I don’t have to manually type it each time.

Yes this works for me.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\ComputerListContextMenuExtensions\Browse Computer IP]
"MenuDisplayName"="&Browse Computer IP"
"ShellCommandRelevance"="\"explorer \\\\\" & (value of property results whose (name of property of it = \"IP Address\" ) of current computer)& \"\\c$\""

I wanted to provide an update. The previous property I was using came from an analyses. I duplicated the property and made a custom property named “Primary IP”. Using this new name in the “ShellCommandRelevance” solved my issue. It still doesn’t make sense why “IP Address” wouldn’t work at all even for devices which had a single entry.

2 Likes