For those who are using LMT, IBM has released a new Support Document which details the timeline for each version of DB2:
Changes in versions of DB2 supported by the License Metric Tool server
If you are using DB2 for which support is planned to be removed, ensure that you plan the upgrade to a supported version. If you share the database between the License Metric Tool server, and the BigFix server, both applications must support the particular version of the database.
If you are currently using DB2 10.1, upgrade to a newer version as soon as possible as License Metric Tool will stop supporting this version at the end of 1Q 2020. You will not be able to upgrade to the latest version of License Metric Tool while using DB2 10.1. Upgrade to the following version of DB2:
- 10.5 if you share the database between the License Metric Tool server and the BigFix server.
- 11.1 if you use separate databases for the License Metric Tool server and the BigFix server.
x - the version is not supported and is not planned to be supported
• - the version is supported
Planned - the version is planned to be supported. Plans are subject to change.
- IBM withdrew support for DB2 10.1 in September 2017. For more information, see: Software lifecycle.
- IBM is planning to withdraw support for DB2 10.5 in April 2020. For more information, see: Software lifecycle.
- DB2 11.1 is not planned to be supported by the BigFix server.
- Upgrade to DB2 11.5 is possible from versions 10.5 and 11.1. It is not possible from version 10.1.