Support for DB2 11.1

Does anyone know when the BigFix databases will be supported for DB2 version 11.1? Thanks in advance!

Hey Mike, we are actively working on this now. We have one identified issue we are working through, and I can post a summary here once we have clarity. I assume you are looking for an upgrade scenario?

1 Like

Hi bigfix.mark, I asked because I have a client that is on DB2 10.5.8 and are in the process of upgrading to 11.1. They asked me if BigFix and ILMT were supported under DB2 11.1. I see that ILMT is, but BigFix was not listed. So I posted the question on here. Thank you!

There is a known performance regression we are working to obliterate as ruthlessly as possible. Client scale will be a factor here, but I would generally hold off. Do you know what scale they are at?

2 Likes

Thank you for the responses. I’m sorry, but I do not know what is meant by “what scale they are at?”

Hi Mike, we usually simplify scale to mean how many endpoints are being managed.

That makes sense now. They have about 1100 endpoints.

Hi Mark, Do you have any update on the BigFix support for DB2 11.1? Just wondering if any more testing was done or if you or the BigFix team has an ETA. Thank you!

Hi together,
same issue at my customer. Is there already a statement About the topic? The number of endpoints is 700.
Best regards Jens

I’m not sure if there is an official statement but I heard from a technical resource at HCL that support will be added in BigFix v10. This was back in mid November.

Thx Mike, I also created a case for HCL to request it and will report you if I get some more Information.

Excellent. Thank you!

"Unfortunately, DB2 11.1 is not supported in BigFix and BigFix Inventory at this moment. Please refer to the below product documentation links.

BigFix:- https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/platform/pdf/9.5.14.pdf

BigFix Inventory:- https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/inventory/Inventory/pdf/9.2.16.pdf

It might support in future releases of BigFix but currently we do not have time frame for the same.

Kindly feel free to add any queries if you have."

If I read this correcly, it is not planned for a release at the moment.

This post has some new information from IBM regarding support for DB2 and LMT. I would presume that HCL is working with IBM to provide support for BFI on DB2 11.5 in the next quarter.

DB2 10.5 End of Life

In fact, please see the following: BigFix Server - Support for DB2 11.5 :slight_smile:

1 Like