Dashboard Script Error & Adobe Flash Issue

Running into an issue on the BF Console. We are running version 9.2.6.94 on a Server 2012R2. The issue seems to be that the console is not recognizing Adobe Flash being on the server. I have enabled the Desktop Experience feature in Server Management. We are running IE11. I installed Chrome and FF for the heck of it to make sure those plugins were there. I keep getting the below errors when trying to access most/if not all Dashboards on the console.

1 Like

Flash is only needed for IE, not firefox or chrome. The console effectively uses IE behind the scenes.

Right, I understand that. However the problem still persists. Any/all Dashboards on the Console on the 2012 Server are failing and showing that Script Error as well as the requirement for Flash.

1 Like

Can you try the console on a Windows Desktop machine to see if the same error exists there?

Have you tried clearing the console cache?

Have you rebooted the server since enabling the Desktop Experience?

It works perfectly fine on Desktop installed Console.

Have not tried clearing cache, but will try now.

Rebooted numerous time.

Cleared Cache, same Script error persists as well as requesting Adobe Flash.

1 Like

Is flash available in IE? You may need to run Windows Update.

I also wonder if IE’s security settings are somehow interfering?

Does this actually affect all dashboards, or only those that invoke Flash?

I am also running the console on Server 2012R2 without this issue. I didn’t do anything special as far as I know other than installing the Desktop Experience feature.

No Updates Available, should be fully up to date.

Reset IE Settings to Default and then enabled a couple of the ActiveX and Scripting options.

Cleared Console Cache again. - What is your Caching setting set as? Ours was on Keep Full Cache on Disk/Moderate.

Went through All Dashboard. Came across a couple that seem to not be Flash but receive a different error altogether. BigFix Labs, Deployment Overview, License Overview, and a few other Dashboards that seem to either be webbased or local are working, but for the most part I either receive the Script Error from the first post as well as Adobe, or the DLL error seen below.

1 Like

It works on my server 2012, I think I installed the desktop experience and also the media foundation, and one of the two installed some other dependency that I cannot recall. I also have the enhanced security turned off. See if that works.

1 Like

I already had both the Desktop Experience feature and the Media Foundation feature installed.

Thoughts/Opinions on “repairing” the console through Programs & Features?

1 Like

Will turn of Enhanced Security mode for IE and clear Cache, then reboot. Will report back in a bit.

1 Like

Still no resolution after turning off Enhanced Security Mode.

1 Like

Uninstalling and reinstalling the console is a good idea to see if that helps.

You may need to open a PMR with IBM to get this resolved.

Is this a Windows 2012r2 server you set up from scratch? If not, I would try that.

It is 2012r2 from scratch, yeah.

Don’t really want to uninstall and reinstall, but will if need be down the road. For now its okay…using console locally.

I mean just uninstall and reinstall the console itself, not the root server. The console is just an application and it can be uninstalled and reinstalled with little effort overall.

Ah okay. Will try that

Re-installed - same issue. Turns out I think it is a permissions issue to that script folder.

Well I thought that was the case, but added Domain Admins to have Full Permissions to the BESServer folder (not sure why they didn’t before because Administrators group does and Domain Admins are part of that group), but still showing Script issues.

This is definitely a strange issue. I would recommend filing a PMR to get some help from IBM: How to ask for IBM product help: PMRs, RFEs, and more

I am getting that same Script Error saying Adobe flash player needs to be installed.
I am running the console on a Win10 system. Console Version 9.2.9.36.

1 Like