Customized installer for Mac

Hi,

I’m trying to look for methods of embedding the masthead and clientsettings.cfg in to the BESAgent pkg but I’m running in to some problems. I wanted to ideally come up with a way of making a single-file installer to make life a bit easier on our support teams and allow users to acquire and install without needing input from our teams.

I’ve seen elsewhere that I should be using pkgutil to expand the pkg, add my files (although unsure where) and flatten the file again afterwards.

I did see this thread, but I believe the instructions are different now as this nor the script linked resulted in a working pkg (masthead was not moved in to the correct directory):

I intend to try creating a postinstall script which I believe I can use to move the masthead in to the correct place, but don’t think I can do the same with the clientsettings.cfg which I believe the installer uses to set up /Library/Preferences/com.bigfix.BESAgent.plist so presumably the installer needs to ingest this from elsewhere, unless I can invoke the BESAgent to parse this after install? I couldn’t readily find a list of BESAgent arguments I could use so not sure if this is possible or if it is I may not be searching for the right things (I’m actually a Windows and Linux guy, and macOS is a recent addition to my realm).

Thanks in advance.