C3 - Free BigFix Community Content Libraries

Any chance that Bigfix.me will get incorporated as part of core Bigfix content now that it’s HCL owned/managed?

What sort of changes would you like to see?

As a community site, there must be a careful balance between encouraging contributions & sharing, and ensuring those are safe and secure.

well me personaly really mis the @strawgate updates for a lot of applications. I’m still hopefull HCL will suport more different 3rd party updates and not have to rely on community updates (which as you state have to be checked for quality etc) in the near future since at this moment its very limited for softwar ethat is used a lot.

citrix receiver, cisco anyconnect, winscp , putty , 7zip, fixt reader, python isnt strange software to have in your environment but we have to create everything from scratch

I don’t have a viable way to publish this content as one of my sites on Bigfix.Me is broken and nobody at HCL will help. There is no alternative for publishing so I haven’t been able to resume publishing new content.

As for improvements to bigfix.me, the sync tool is insecure, doesn’t work behind proxy’s, only allows 1000 fixlets in a site, the bigfix.me site is very slow, the approval process for private sites is laborious, the way relevance is handled prevents the use of the & character in relevance, it’s missing a proper API for content uploads, the connector is hard to debug and slow, it only keeps 5 revisions of content which prevents old content from syncing properly, the connector setup process is difficult, and the connector is windows only.

I’d like to see it be part of the core sites that can be signed up for, instead of having to use an insecure sync tool.

Better community submission and review of content.

An API.

Fixing @strawgate requests. :slight_smile:

It’s been the source of inspiration for a lot of our own internal content. For better relevance authoring when we can’t find examples on developer.bigfix.com or in the forums.

1 Like