C3 - Free BigFix Community Content Libraries

I tried with http and https, I tried the url with /api and without it.
Same result each time.

Do you have Enhanced Security enabled in your environment?

You mean within BigFix? Client/Relay authentication is not enabled, and Communications are not currently encrypted if that’s what you mean.

I don’t fully remember what this is:

But it isn’t this: (or not just)

Also, I would recommend making client report encryption optional everywhere. The only potential concern for this is that it may impact your root server’s CPU. Try it a set of endpoints, then more and more if there isn’t any impact. You can also set your top level relays to decrypt.

Is this content airgap-friendly? Does it generally work if I just download it and carry it over to an airgapped network?

You have a couple options for an airgap:

1. You can download all of the content in a zip from the Github links, then manually import. The challenge is when the content gets updated you’ll be importing duplicates.

2. I believe you can setup the sync tool in a non-airgapped environment and in your airgapped environment and then copy the, “AllBigfixMe.xml” file from your non-airgapped environment: drive:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\Applications\bigfixMeSync to the same location on your airgapped server and the content will become available.

3. You can download this content similar to any other content on BigFix.Me and manually import

I’ll do some more testing and get back to you on Monday!

Enhanced Security is this:

I’m going to do some testing this weekend and see if I can’t reproduce the issue – i’ll follow-up on Monday!

Sorry that I didn’t get a chance to look at this today – will try to do some more lab testing and will follow-up over PM if I don’t have anything new tomorrow.

@TimRice - I believe you may need .Net 4.5 installed on your server to support the TLS 1.2 communications. I’m curious to know if you have Enhanced Security enabled – it appears .Net 4.0 supports TLS 1.0 but you need .Net 4.5 to support TLS 1.2x

Fixlet 285872501, “2858725: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Available - Windows 7 SP1 / Windows 8 Gold / Windows 2008 R2 SP1 / Windows 2008 SP2 / Windows 2012 Gold / Windows Vista SP2 (x64)” in the, “Patches for Windows” site should be able to help you meet this requirement.

Once you have that installed it should work – let me know if it doesn’t resolve your issue.

2 Likes

That seems to have done it!
I now see the “bigfix.me” domain listed in the Console!

Ironically, the server said I needed to reboot after I installed .Net 4.5, but apparently not.

3 Likes

Hi,
I have subscribed the bigfix.me site in my console, but i cannot visible any site in the bigfix.me area,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

Hello,

After requesting subscription I have to manually approve your request which sometimes takes a couple of hours due to time zone differences.

I’ve subscribed you to the requested sites. Let me know if you have any issues!
Bill

1 Like

Hi strawgate,

Thanks, now i can see my console,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

A post was split to a new topic: Block Team-Viewer and VLC Media Player with BigFix

Hi

I subscribed to a couple C3 pages last week and some today but i still can’t see any in my console either.

Hi,

I must have missed the initial requests – you should have access now.

Bill

@strawgate hey Bill can you please grant me access, i’m trying to use the sync tool to import your content. I have submitted requests through the portal.
many thx …

I’m in the same situation. I have requested access as well but it doesn’t seem to have been granted.

@strawgate
…forum padding

Sorry about the delay folks – I’ve processed requests from the last two months.

The way BigFix.Me is setup requires me to manually go in and grant access by hand for every request – BigFix.Me is not seeing any improvements and so sending me a message will ensure you get access.

1 Like