C3 - Free BigFix Community Content Libraries

You have a couple options for an airgap:

1. You can download all of the content in a zip from the Github links, then manually import. The challenge is when the content gets updated you’ll be importing duplicates.

2. I believe you can setup the sync tool in a non-airgapped environment and in your airgapped environment and then copy the, “AllBigfixMe.xml” file from your non-airgapped environment: drive:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\Applications\bigfixMeSync to the same location on your airgapped server and the content will become available.

3. You can download this content similar to any other content on BigFix.Me and manually import

I’ll do some more testing and get back to you on Monday!

Enhanced Security is this:

I’m going to do some testing this weekend and see if I can’t reproduce the issue – i’ll follow-up on Monday!

Sorry that I didn’t get a chance to look at this today – will try to do some more lab testing and will follow-up over PM if I don’t have anything new tomorrow.

@TimRice - I believe you may need .Net 4.5 installed on your server to support the TLS 1.2 communications. I’m curious to know if you have Enhanced Security enabled – it appears .Net 4.0 supports TLS 1.0 but you need .Net 4.5 to support TLS 1.2x

Fixlet 285872501, “2858725: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Available - Windows 7 SP1 / Windows 8 Gold / Windows 2008 R2 SP1 / Windows 2008 SP2 / Windows 2012 Gold / Windows Vista SP2 (x64)” in the, “Patches for Windows” site should be able to help you meet this requirement.

Once you have that installed it should work – let me know if it doesn’t resolve your issue.

2 Likes

That seems to have done it!
I now see the “bigfix.me” domain listed in the Console!

Ironically, the server said I needed to reboot after I installed .Net 4.5, but apparently not.

3 Likes

Hi,
I have subscribed the bigfix.me site in my console, but i cannot visible any site in the bigfix.me area,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

Hello,

After requesting subscription I have to manually approve your request which sometimes takes a couple of hours due to time zone differences.

I’ve subscribed you to the requested sites. Let me know if you have any issues!
Bill

1 Like

Hi strawgate,

Thanks, now i can see my console,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

A post was split to a new topic: Block Team-Viewer and VLC Media Player with BigFix

Hi

I subscribed to a couple C3 pages last week and some today but i still can’t see any in my console either.

Hi,

I must have missed the initial requests – you should have access now.

Bill

@strawgate hey Bill can you please grant me access, i’m trying to use the sync tool to import your content. I have submitted requests through the portal.
many thx …

I’m in the same situation. I have requested access as well but it doesn’t seem to have been granted.

@strawgate
…forum padding

Sorry about the delay folks – I’ve processed requests from the last two months.

The way BigFix.Me is setup requires me to manually go in and grant access by hand for every request – BigFix.Me is not seeing any improvements and so sending me a message will ensure you get access.

1 Like

Any chance that Bigfix.me will get incorporated as part of core Bigfix content now that it’s HCL owned/managed?

What sort of changes would you like to see?

As a community site, there must be a careful balance between encouraging contributions & sharing, and ensuring those are safe and secure.

well me personaly really mis the @strawgate updates for a lot of applications. I’m still hopefull HCL will suport more different 3rd party updates and not have to rely on community updates (which as you state have to be checked for quality etc) in the near future since at this moment its very limited for softwar ethat is used a lot.

citrix receiver, cisco anyconnect, winscp , putty , 7zip, fixt reader, python isnt strange software to have in your environment but we have to create everything from scratch

I don’t have a viable way to publish this content as one of my sites on Bigfix.Me is broken and nobody at HCL will help. There is no alternative for publishing so I haven’t been able to resume publishing new content.

As for improvements to bigfix.me, the sync tool is insecure, doesn’t work behind proxy’s, only allows 1000 fixlets in a site, the bigfix.me site is very slow, the approval process for private sites is laborious, the way relevance is handled prevents the use of the & character in relevance, it’s missing a proper API for content uploads, the connector is hard to debug and slow, it only keeps 5 revisions of content which prevents old content from syncing properly, the connector setup process is difficult, and the connector is windows only.

I’d like to see it be part of the core sites that can be signed up for, instead of having to use an insecure sync tool.

Better community submission and review of content.

An API.

Fixing @strawgate requests. :slight_smile:

It’s been the source of inspiration for a lot of our own internal content. For better relevance authoring when we can’t find examples on developer.bigfix.com or in the forums.

1 Like