BigFix Server upgrade missing BigFixServer.msi

Upgrading BigFix Server from 10.0.4.32 to 10.0.6 on Windows Server 2016. The upgrade is prompting me for a missing msi:
C:\Temp{784A5C6A-91D8-4391-92A4-CA27D7D8460E}\BigFixServer.msi that doesn’t seem to exist.
How can I get this old MSI that is needed?

I can’t remember the details and not at work, but (this was an upgrade to an earlier version though) there was a stray reference to the ‘missing’ file in the registry somewhere

this was the fix. It was a little scary that the upgrade depends on an installer’s MST file stored in the user’s temp profile.

1. Execute the following wmic command to get the info about the current .msi and .MST cached in the customer’s system:

wmic product where "Name like ‘%BigFix Server’ or PackageName=‘BigFixServer.msi’ or InstallLocation like ‘%\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\’"
The output contains info like the following:

PackageCache Transforms
C:\Windows\Installer\b6348.msi C:\Windows\Installer{D7D0A8C6-FCED-48E4-B463-71885ED44092}\1033.MST

1. Check if your ‘PackageCache’ and ‘Transforms’ files still exist in the customers Windows Installer Cache folder (C:\Windows\installer)

In the example above, they need to check :

C:\Windows\Installer{D7D0A8C6-FCED-48E4-B463-71885ED44092}\1033.MST
C:\Windows\Installer\b6348.msi
3) In case one or both of them are missing, do the following:

a. Log on to a Windows machine where BigFix server is not installed. This method forces the uninstalling process to be triggered in extracting of the .msi file. If the machine already have the software installed, this method will remove it which we do not want to happen.

b. Download the BES Server installer file and place it under a temporary directory “C:\BigFixRecovery” (you might need to create this folder):

https://software.bigfix.com/download/bes/950/BigFix-BES-Server-<x.x.x.x>.exe
where <x.x.x.x> is the running and curent version of the BigFix server which you need to upgrade, in my sample is 9.5.10.79

c. Create the “C:\BigFixRecovery\test” directory

d. From the CMD (ran as admin), run the following command from the “C:\BigFixRecovery” directory:

BigFix-BES-Server-<x.x.x.x>.exe /s /x /b"c:\BigFixRecovery\test" /v"/qn"

e. Verify that the .MST and .msi files are created under the “C:\BigFixRecovery\test” directory

f. Download the missing .MST and/or .msi files located in “C:\BigFixRecovery\test”, to your BigFix Server system using the filename found in ‘Transforms’ and/or in ‘PackageCache’ values respectively.

In my previous example, they have to be renamed as

C:\Windows\Installer{D7D0A8C6-FCED-48E4-B463-71885ED44092}\1033.MST
C:\Windows\Installer\b6348.msi

Note: you will also need to create the missing folder/s in GUID format if they are missing. So if folder {D7D0A8C6-FCED-48E4-B463-71885ED44092} is missing, you will need to create it first (example only).

g. Retry the upgrade.