BigFix Remote Control 10.0 FP5 is available

HCL Software is pleased to announce the availability of BigFix Remote Control version 10.0 FP5

New content:

• Unattended Remote Control: It is now possible to take control of a managed target located anywhere in the world! This reduces deskside IT management costs, travel costs, and improves 7x24 operations. This new feature provides the ability to remotely control managed targets on the internet that are connected through the Broker without a connection code. In addition, if using the Lite Web Portal, you can take control of such targets from anywhere.

• Deployment Health Check Dashboard: A brand new dashboard that provides a real time view of the broker and target health status.

• A new fixlet 405 is available to disable the prompt on privilege escalation during an On Demand Target session on Windows.

• Introduced support for Windows 11

Resolved Defect Articles:

• KB0092788: RC 10 FP4 upgrade hangs at 89%
  • KB0090886: Remote Control Broker install/upgrade on Windows: Unable to change the installation destination folder
  • KB0090794: Corrected documentation for name of « dbcleaner.interval.period » setting
  • KB0088343: BigFix remote Control search issue
  • KB0090147: Broker service stopping due to many open sessions

Published site version:
Remote Control, site version 71 (Build Number 10.0.0.0518)

With kind regards,
The BigFix Remote Control Team

3 Likes

I have just updated the bigfix remote server and components in our environment and I am wondering what kind of configuration changes do I need to implement to use the Unattended Remote Control ?

Hello bjarnigud,

In short if you already have a Broker you just need to add one property on the Targets and change some settings on the RC server to enable the feature.

https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/lifecycle/Lifecycle/Remote_Control/RC_Admin_Guide/unattended_target_support.html

You might need to tune some settings and enable other security features depending on your requirements:

https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/lifecycle/Lifecycle/Remote_Control/RC_Admin_Guide/c_security_features_unattended_targets.html

2 Likes