BigFix Patch support for RHEL 8

Hello Community,

Do you know if there are plans to support RHEL 8 for the BigFix patch module. Customers are already upgrading their systems only to realize they cannot continue patching through BigFix.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Might be worth joining the roadmap webinar today to see if it’s announced or at least you can ask the question on that call.

2 Likes

Didn’t know of the webinar being held today. Can you please share a link with me to watch it? I appreciate your help.

I just saw the webinar on demand but unfortunately no mention to RHEL 8 support was made on it. Perhaps someone from the community might know it.

This is the link to the webinar:

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2891754464180083469

There’s another roadmap webinar next week, but I expect you’ll get an answer before then anyway.

I am very interested in this topic as well.

We can’t move to RHEL8 on a large scale until/unless BigFix provides patching support for it. As of now, they don’t.

Hi Folks,

I did answer this in the chat q&a of the roadmap but it didn’t make the overall meeting presentation. Our target for RHEL8 agent support is 9.5.14, with content support added a few weeks after.

Thanks for your response.

And when, roughly, will 9.5.14 be available?

Our target is September for 9.5.14 at this time (again no commitments, etc…).

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the information.

Is there an update to this?

We are almost at the end of October, and still no 9.5.14 and no RHEL 8 support.

We are quickly ramping up our use of RHEL 8, and are desperate for BigFix support of it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Now that 9.5.14 is released (thanks HCL! :slight_smile: ), is there a timeline for RHEL8 patch support? Like DeanF, we are eagerly awaiting this capability as well.

The intent is to patch content for RHEL8 out 2 weeks after the agent which has just been released with 9.5.14.

4 Likes

I see the RHEL8 site was released yesterday. Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Will the site for RHEL 8 be given a friendly name that is in line with the others, eg “Patches for RHEL 8”?

Ha ha, after enabling the site the name updated

1 Like

When can we expect support for “Patches for RHEL ppc64le 8”?

We have started building RHEL8 servers in our environment. I have subscribed to RHEL 8, and downloaded our cert for RHEL 8 but I do not have any RHEL 8 patches. I have also made sure that the RHSM Plugin is up to date, 1.0.4.0 and all of these “Requirements” still produce no patches for v8. Anyone have anymore pointers that can help me out?

When running the RHSMPlugin.exe --Check-baserepos I do get a returned value that I have access to the three that I need:

Do you mean that no fixlets are showing up in your “Patches for RHEL 8” site? Click the “Show non-relevant” button at the top of the console, so you can see whether there are a bunch of non-relevant fixlets in the site. So you can tell whether the site has not gathered, or whether clients are not reporting on it.

You said you subscribed the site…did you also subscribe clients to the site? That would be available on the Site’s properties on the ‘Computer Subscriptions’ tab or by checking the ‘Subscribed Computers’ branch in the listview beneath the site on the left pane.

1 Like