BigFix Excel Connector

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

lunchboxfl,

If the Excel Connector times out running a query, it has a default setting of 100 seconds.

Please see this note on where to change the time out value.

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?pid=20997#p20997

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by awike0191)

BigFix Excel Connector 3.3.0.0

When you create a query that uses the ā€œlast report timeā€ property, you get the following error:

Error from BigFix:

Singular expression refers to nonexistent objectā€¦Try using the Query Wizard to generate a new report.

April :slight_smile:

(imported comment written by awike0191)

When you open a saved query in BFEC 3.3.0.0 and try to modify it. If you remove the check mark from "Group Analysis Properties (Versus Alphabetical). All of your selected columns are wiped out and you have to start over.

(imported comment written by Bill.Ehardt)

Can I manually change or edit the relvance? I want to make a query showing servers that havenā€™t reported to the console in the last week, so Iā€™d like to change:

of (computers of it, values whose (it as time < " as time) of it)

to

of (computers of it, values whose (it as time < (now -7*day)) of it)

awike01

BigFix Excel Connector 3.3.0.0
When you create a query that uses the ā€œlast report timeā€ property, you get the following error:
Error from BigFix:
Singular expression refers to nonexistent objectā€¦Try using the Query Wizard to generate a new report.

April :slight_smile:

Hi April,

My simple query using Last Report Time does not cause an error. So it might have to do with data specific for your deployment.

If this is a blocker, contact me directly and I will be happy to track down the scenarios causing the error, so that I can fix the code to accommodate it.

Lee Wei

awike01

When you open a saved query in BFEC 3.3.0.0 and try to modify it. If you remove the check mark from "Group Analysis Properties (Versus Alphabetical). All of your selected columns are wiped out and you have to start over.

April,

Thanks for letting me know about this bug.

Lee Wei

wmehardt

Can I manually change or edit the relvance? I want to make a query showing servers that havenā€™t reported to the console in the last week, so Iā€™d like to change:
to

wmehardt,

We cannot manually edit the generated relevance right now.

So you will have to copy the relevance, make the edit and then run it separately.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by Bill.Ehardt)

Lee Wei

{quote:title=wmehardt}Can I manually change or edit the relvance? I want to make a query showing servers that havenā€™t reported to the console in the last week, so Iā€™d like to change:
to

wmehardt,

We cannot manually edit the generated relevance right now.

So you will have to copy the relevance, make the edit and then run it separately.

Lee Wei{quote}

Any plan to add this in like an ā€œadvancedā€ mode?

wmehardt

Any plan to add this in like an ā€œadvancedā€ mode?

I will put this down on my list of enhancements.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Are the maximum rows written to Excel limited to 130000? I have some queries that return more rows, but it says that only 130k are written. Is there anyway to change that? Excel 2007 allows for over a million rowsā€¦

mobes

Are the maximum rows written to Excel limited to 130000? I have some queries that return more rows, but it says that only 130k are written. Is there anyway to change that? Excel 2007 allows for over a million rowsā€¦

Thanks for pointing that out. I have increased the limit to 1,048,575 for Excel 2007 and 2010.

I did set the limit to 130,000 earlier.

Please download version 3.3.1 with this fix from the first post.

Lee Wei

Lee Wei

Thanks for pointing that out. I have increased the limit to 1,048,575 for Excel 2007 and 2010.

Lee Wei

Wowā€¦ Iā€™m impressed. Incredible response time!

Thanks Lee! Canā€™t wait to try it out.

Lee Wei

Lee Wei

I think you have a problem with the installer. Installing on Win7 x86 I get an error "Unable to locate application file ā€˜Tivoli_Endpoint_Manager_Excel Connector_Setup.msiā€™ when running the EXE. Running the MSI I get an error saying I donā€™t have sufficient privileges. I do have admin privileges however, and version 3.3.0.0 re-installed fine.

If the Excel Connector is installed on a server, will the configured Web Reports account remain cached across multiple user accounts assing the server? If so, is there anyway to change that?

User preferences for the Excel Connector, including the Web Reports account used, are stored in the Windows User Registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\ExcelConnector

So if you have multiple accounts on a Windows server, they will each get their own settings.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by mgardner28)

Where are the example reports? I believe the file name reference is BigFixExcelConnectorExamples.bce. Does this get installed with the latest version(3.3)?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have updated the zip file for 3.3.1 to include the export for the examples.

I forgot to zip that up along with the installer.

Go to the first post to download the zip file.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by mgardner28)

Thanks!

Mark

(imported comment written by manonstreet91)

Is there any debug log on the client (add-in) or server (SOAP web server) for the communication? Iā€™m not sure if I simply have too much data, or there is something else going on here. The add-in sometimes returns data, but most of the time hangs excel and errors out.

Looks like when there is an error that contains one of the following strings, I display the error message you encountered.

• login failed
  • remote name could not be resolved
  • unable to connect to the remote server
  • invalid uri
  • uri prefix
  • missing parameter
  • connection was closed

In the screen shot, the add-in would have been issuing some relatively simple Relevance statements to retrieve the available BES Properties.

Does it return the error at this same spot?

Does it take a while before returning the error, or right away?

Lee Wei