BigFix 9.5 Patch 5 is now available

I’d suggest that you let it continue to run as it is likely still performing work, and can take some time to finish depending on your environment.

Hi Aram,

Below is the screenshot of the installation. Thanks

Thanks Aram. We’ll just wait then.

Hi Aram,

Its already 1 hour, is that normal? We have about 6000 endpoints and running remote database.Thanks

Yes, it could take a couple hours depending on hardware and amount of content. Check for any other dialogs that might be behind the one that is not responding. There should be an additional dialog showing status progression through all the stages of the database upgrade. If you don’t see that, you can also monitor the BESAdminDebugOut.txt file which will exist in %LOCALAPPDATA%\BigFix directory for the user running the upgrade. It will contain the message Silent upgrade completed successfully! when the upgrade is done.

1 Like

Thanks all for the assistance. We have successfully upgraded the server. The only not working component is the WEBUI. The install WebUI 9.5.5 is not applicable to the server. thanks

Hi Steve,

We have reinstalled WEBUI 9.5.5 and it is successful but when we try to login we are stuck on below screen for more than 5 hours now. is it normal? Thanks

Has anyone deployed 9.5.5 in their environment? The server installation went smooth but after two to three days, the console keeps on crashing for all users at around the same time. I have IBM level 3 engaged but am not sure if anyone else have seen issues. Thanks.

hi there The same issue we are facing in 9.5.4.38. all users are diconnecting/not able to connect at a time.It’s not good actually.

If a schema change occurs (as it did in 9.5.5) then yes the WebUI has to rebuild its database as well and the time it takes depends a lot on your content and deployment size. We hope to make this better in the future.

hi team…after upgrading to 9.5.5 on 18th April, 98% of my clients are showing lastreporttime as 18th on the console but are not greyed out. Only about 10 clients out of 6000 are reporting currently. I checked from the DB the Computer table and I see the ‘lastreportTime’ is showing the current time but the ‘lastreportsent’ is showing 18th April (which I guess is the date populating the last report time field on the console. How do I resolve this?

A post was split to a new topic: Create a baseline using new baseline REST API