The IBM BigFix team is pleased to announce the release of version 9.5 Patch 5 (188.8.131.52) of the BigFix Platform.
The main features included in this release are:
- Improved BigFix Platform & BigFix Query performance: Increased throughput/responsiveness, enablement for higher scalability/performance for BigFix WebUI via improvements to FillDB and an updated DB schema.
- Enhanced Client Deployment Tool: Easier BigFix Agent deployment across all platforms with one tool.
- Simplified user experience for Try & Buy: Installer modifications and ability to promote BES Server license from trial to production.
- Airgap Tool security & efficiency improvements: Gather data from Internet with no need to access BigFix server in a secure deployment, gather selected sites and downloads only.
- Added “Run As Specified User” capability: Allows execution of actions as a particular user for software installations, machine registration, etc.
- Added ability for a Non-Master Operator to stop other Non-Master Operators’ actions: for geographically dispersed customers and operators with multiple shifts managing the same endpoints.
- REST API baseline support: Simplified baseline creation and syncing support.
- Enablement for BigFix Detect
- Other Enhancements
- Added support for BigFix Server and Console on Windows 2016
- Added support for BigFix Relay on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 Intel x86-64
- Running message topmost and persistence options
- Inspector improvements: application inspector on Mac, wifi inspector on Mac, usage inspectors can collect executable path
- APAR and defect fixes
- Security enhancements
- For additional enhancement details, please see the Release Notes referenced below
See further details in the 9.5.5 Release Notes document at:
Get more information by reading the full technical changelist at:
Things to take into account before upgrading to Version 9.5.5
- All BigFix Platform components are being released in this patch.
- An upgrade Fixlet is not available for the BigFix server. The server upgrade to Version 9.5.5 can only be done manually. The upgrade Fixlets for the other components are available in BES Support version 1321 (or later).
- When the BigFix Server upgrade is triggered, several prerequisite checks are run automatically before the upgrade takes place. They check if the current Server status is compatible with a successful upgrade. If any prerequisite check fails, appropriate messages are logged describing the problem and how to resolve it. The upgrade does not start until all prerequisite checks passed successfully. The prerequisite checks performed by the upgrade procedure are described in the following pages of the BigFix Knowledge Center:
- Additional information about the upgrade:
IBM BigFix downloads and release information: http://support.bigfix.com/bes/release/9.5/patch5