Bes Console issue: File error "class DirectoryCreateFailed"

Hi community.

Today I logged in my BigFix console and as soon as I click on any content i get an error:

File error “class DirectoryCreateFailed” on “C:\Users\SA\AppData\Local\Temp\2” : “Windows Error 0x10b%: The directory name is invalid.”

BigFix_error

I don’t understand why it is referring to “AppData\Local\Temp” folder that is definitely is not a pert of the BigFix.
Also clearing cashe of the console is not helping.

Best regards,
Anton

Coincidently I had the same issue on one of my console machines too recently - same exact thing (cache is repointed to another location, so it shouldn’t care about AppData locations). I didn’t have time to bother troubleshoot it but I went and created the folder structure manually - it cleared the issue and haven’t seen it since. If you do get to the bottom as to why it would need the folder please share it.

I do expect the Console would use some space in %TEMP%, separate from the Cache, but you’ve have to dig into you console machine I think to diagnose whether the TEMP variable is pointed to an invalid path.

Hi guys,

what was the solution for the same. I am getting the same error.

I never bothered to troubleshoot further to root cause but I can tell you if you open Temp folder and create the folder number that is asking for the error goes away.

I have observed this error for some of our operators & was able to resolve it by deleting their UPD (RDWeb published app) profiles from our console servers (Centralized box).

In normal scenario, its more likely to corrupted cache of BigFix console, for me it was more easy to delete the whole profile because it will be auto re-created but you can try cleaning console cache & further more deleting manual cache folder of BFX console.