The BigFix Console has encountered an error and is unable to complete your request

BigFix Console has encountered an error and is unable to complete your
request.
If you choose to ignore this error, the application may be in an inconsistent state.
If you choose to quit, you will lose any unsaved changes.

The diagnostic message is:
File error “class DirectoryCreateFailed” on “C:\Users\Appadmin\AppData\Local
\Temp\2”: “Windows Error 0x10b%: The directory name is invalid.”

The Bigfix console is showing the above error.

It looks like the Console was unable to create a folder. What operations you were doing while it happened? Can you reproduce? What about using a Console on another machine, same problem?

Try cleaning up your cache & restart console.

For manual cleanup delete following cache folder:
C:\Users\Appadmin\AppData\Local\BigFix OR %appdata%\loca\\BigFix

I have overserved similar behavior multiple times & deleting cache resolve the problem.

I already cleared the cache it worked, but came again after some time.
Is there any other suggestion?

What about using a console on another machine? Same problem.
I am working on it .

Similar Old post:

Another option is to try what @ageorgiev stated in the post above.

If the problem persists, you may need to verify if your endpoint controls have the appropriate exclusion for BESConsole.exe in place.

If everything is in place, I would advise opening a HCL case for additional investigation with console debug logs.

That looks very likely like an antivirus or EDR product is preventing or delaying the Console in creating some temp directories that it needs to function. Check that you have your Antivirus and EDR exclusions in place.

1 Like

error was because of a lot of load coming on the server most of the agents were directly connecting to the relay instead of the relay. and bandwidth was low.

This is extremely common issue in my experience. SUPER ANNOYING
I normally just have to go create the “2” folder inside of the Temp folder, then refresh the console and it works…

If I recall correctly, in the last year +/- there was a change log stating it was fixed in I think the v11 release. However, I had it happen since then to.