API Session Relevance Analysis Properties

Hi Guys

I’m trying to get the values of the properties of a custom analysis. I know how to retrieve them for one property (thanks to this forum):

(name of property of it, values of it, name of computer of it) of (results of properties of it) of BES Fixlets whose (analysis flag of it and exists activation whose (active flag of it) of it and name of it = "Data Pulling Devices")

This will only give me the first property, but in that analysis they are multiple properties with multiple values. How can I retrieve those?

I tried the following (after customizing the above query):

(((name of property of it, values of it, name of computer of it) of (results of bes property whose (id of it = (2299662910,44270,1))) of it),((name of property of it, values of it, name of computer of it) of (results of bes property whose (id of it = (2299662910,44270,2))) of it)) of BES Fixlets whose (analysis flag of it and exists activation whose (active flag of it) of it and name of it = "Data Pulling Devices")

But my Query has been timed out… There is a lot of data in it thought…

So how can i retrieve the following with API?

Thanks for you help!

@steini44, you have results from 2 different Properties. How do you want the results to be returned?

The use of the comma “,” causes the results to be multiplied as a product just like in SQL. This is the reason why the query took a long time and timed out.

Consider these examples:

// This query simply returns 3 rows of strings.
Q: (“Item 1 from Prop 1”; “Item 2 from Prop 1”; “Item 3 from Prop 1”)
A: Item 1 from Prop 1
A: Item 2 from Prop 1
A: Item 3 from Prop 1

// This is the second statement
Q: (“Item 1 from Prop 2”; “Item 2 from Prop 2”; “Item 3 from Prop 2”)
A: Item 1 from Prop 2
A: Item 2 from Prop 2
A: Item 3 from Prop 2

// If you combine them with a comma
Q: (“Item 1 from Prop 1”; “Item 2 from Prop 1”; “Item 3 from Prop 1”), (“Item 1 from Prop 2”; “Item 2 from Prop 2”; “Item 3 from Prop 2”)
A: Item 1 from Prop 1, Item 1 from Prop 2
A: Item 1 from Prop 1, Item 2 from Prop 2
A: Item 1 from Prop 1, Item 3 from Prop 2
A: Item 2 from Prop 1, Item 1 from Prop 2
A: Item 2 from Prop 1, Item 2 from Prop 2
A: Item 2 from Prop 1, Item 3 from Prop 2
A: Item 3 from Prop 1, Item 1 from Prop 2
A: Item 3 from Prop 1, Item 2 from Prop 2
A: Item 3 from Prop 1, Item 3 from Prop 2

// If you use a semicolon, you are returning the Union of the 2 results. But this is only possible if the “columns” are the same
Q: (“Item 1 from Prop 1”; “Item 2 from Prop 1”; “Item 3 from Prop 1”) ; (“Item 1 from Prop 2”; “Item 2 from Prop 2”; “Item 3 from Prop 2”)
A: Item 1 from Prop 1
A: Item 2 from Prop 1
A: Item 3 from Prop 1
A: Item 1 from Prop 2
A: Item 2 from Prop 2
A: Item 3 from Prop 2

So it all depends on your data and how you want them returned. Give us some sample data so that it is easier to imagine.

2 Likes

There are some other issues with how you have this statement structured.

Do you want results from all of the properties from a particular analysis, or just a few of them?

Hi Lee

Thanks for your answer. In fact, I want all the properties from the analysis as following:

item 1 from Prop 1, item 1 from prop 2, item 1 prop 3
item 2 from Prop 1, item 2 from prop 2, item 2 from prop 3.

There is a lot of data in the analysis, is that maybe a problem too? Is there a limit on the query?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: there are multiple values in the properties, so maybe that’s a problem too?

I want results from all of the properties from a particular analysis…

1 Like

This gives all the properties of a particular analysis for a particular computer:

(values of results whose (name of computer of it is "my-computer") of it, names of it) of properties of bes analysis whose (name of it is "Download Plug-in Versions")

The output looks like this:

9.2.5.130, TEM Client Version
0, AIX Download Plug-in Version
2.3.3.0, CentOS Download Plug-in Version
0, HP-UX Download Plug-in Version
2.8.0.0, RedHat Download Plug-in Version
0, Solaris Download Plug-in Version
0, Suse Download Plug-in Version
0, ESX Download Plug-in Version

Thanks for your help Gearoid.

I have 2 issues:

1. I have multiple values stored in each property and the Session Relevance tester only shows the first 1000. So I only see the first 1000, which are the same (it’s my hostname).

2. I want the results next to each other like:
    hostname x (prop 1), prop 2, prop 3
    hostname x (prop 1), prop 2, prop 3
    hostname y (prop 1), prop 2, prop 3
    and so on…

See here: REST API - Session Relevance Query - Rotate multiple items to multiple rows?