Any relevant BixFix property that captures the OS deployments status

Hello All,

I’ve been trying to create a Web Report that could capture how many enterprise machines received OS deployment via different OSD deployment servers in our environment. The objective is to create a report that could tell the IT stakeholders on how many machines were built using Standard Images deployed via BigFix and how many machines got built using media like CD or Pen Drives etc.

Surprisingly, I was not able to select/locate any property that could help me capture such OS deployment details (OSD server, machine IP address & name, Deployment Date, Deployment Status etc). The only way that could help me get a high-level detail on various OS deployment tasks is via Activity History feature under OS Deployment & Bare Metal Imaging. The trouble with Activity History is that there are no way to export all the details appearing under History console.

Any guidance will be really appreciated!

Regards,
sK

Probably you could follow this article that enables you to collect a couple of client settings on the deployed target
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/How%20to%20obtain%20detailed%20Bare%20Metal%20deployment%20activity%20information%20%20that%20can%20be%20used%20to%20create%20reports
In this way each computer that has been created via OS deployment task can have stored the Activity ID and Bare Metal Server ID used for deployment.
Also if you need, these info can be correlated with the Activity History that should be retrieved via Rest API as shown in this thread

regards Luca

1 Like

Hello,

You can get the same after creating 3 properties (Analyses) & then import those properties in WEB Report.

I am using the same thing in my environment.

1. ((now - it) of unique value of (it * second + “01 Jan 1970 00:00:00” as local time) of (it as string as trimmed string as integer) whose(0 != it) of values “InstallDate” of keys “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion” of (x64 registries;x32 registries)) < (7*day)

Above property will give you information for OS Deployed machine in last 7 days as True.

1. if (exists wmi AND exists selects “InstallDate from win32_operatingsystem” of wmi AND not ((string value of selects “InstallDate from win32_operatingsystem” of wmi) = “”)) then ((first 4 of (first 8 of string value of (selects “InstallDate from Win32_OperatingSystem” of wmi))) & “-” & (first 2 of (last 4 of (first 8 of string value of (selects “InstallDate from Win32_OperatingSystem” of wmi)))) & “-” & (last 2 of (first 8 of string value of (selects “InstallDate from Win32_OperatingSystem” of wmi)))) else (“N/A”)

Above property will give you information on installation date.

1. if name of operating system starts with “Win” then value “RegisteredOwner” of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion” of native registry as string else if exists value of settings “Registered Owner” of client then value of setting “Registered Owner” of client as string else “”

Above property will display “Registered Owner” name saved in your registry, i am sure you have given some name while creating OSD Profile for bare metal server.

You will get above report & where ever Registered Owner is not Mukesh (OSD) means some one installed OS using PEN DRIVE or MEDIA.

Regards,
Mukesh Gupta

2 Likes