Zoom Outlook Plugin updates

I’m having issues deploying “Zoom Outlook Plugin” from the site.
I find myself downloading it from the source website and manually uploading it to my environment to ensure the right version is installed.
Am I the only one experiencing this?

My troubleshooting (using the fixlet debugger tool) gave me a hint that points to the following conclusion:
If an endpoint already downloaded “Zoom Outlook Plugin” once using the method in “Windows Applications Extended” then for the second time (for update purposes) it will download the same file as did in the first time (probably caching issue or something) and not the actual file for the new version.

Your concern has been forwarded to the Development team to be addressed.

Thanks, Steve

Can you give some more details about how you’re sending the action?

The download is performed and cached by the root server when you issue the action. Once the action is open, the same download is used by all clients on that action - even if the original Fixlet or Baseline is updated. To download a newer version, you’ll need to stop and re-issue the Action.

If you’ve stopped the action and issued a new action with the updated Fixlet, it would be possible that you have a proxy server caching the download and still providing the old version of the binary download, but in that case the hash value of the file should not match the updated fixlet and you’d see a download error for the action status in the Console to the effect of 'the actual download sha1 does not match the expected sha1 value ’

Hi,

After initiating the action using BigFix console, we have noticed an issue - the installation is not performing the update.
Then I took the fixlet code and tried it with “fixlet debugger”.
The investigation led me to try:
using an old version’s code = > checking the file
then using the new version code = > checking the file
the file is the same file per this check.

for example:
you start with

prefetch ZoomOutlookPluginSetup.msi sha1:8cdf416f110bc65010c40d332f120271fc772ec5 size:9022464 https://cdn.zoom.us/prod/5.11.0.532/ZoomOutlookPluginSetup.msi sha256:d0c745f2bd1dabbdcc878e7f210de4ca96930e274debc1d9dbffc36e5b5cc473

and then you download the next

prefetch ZoomOutlookPluginSetup.msi sha1:8cd33be28ed0468aaa7af7d1499fc06d5b889b03 size:9042432 https://cdn.zoom.us/prod/5.11.3.563/ZoomOutlookPluginSetup.msi sha256:b461eb454d3a464a0fcdc9628c1b763593147b93cfa61e60742566904b5d713f

check the downloaded file.

BTW - currently we are using Patch Policy for 3rd party that is scheduled to run every 1 day for 1 day
We exclude ZOOM and ZOOM outlook plug-in because of that issue. -if the zoom plug-in is not updated and the zoom is, then the plug-in is not working properly, and we cannot approve this.

Many thanks :slight_smile: