z/Linux physical servers not reported as Hardware Inventory

We are seeing no physical servers for z/Linux listed on the Hardware Inventory Report. We see several hundred for other virtualization platforms. Is there a way to resolve this?

Hardware Inventory Report

Processor Type = IFL

Computer Type = Physical

Results = 0

Computer Type = Virtual

Result = 1054

Do you have BigFix agents installed on physical zLinux endpoints, or are they only being pulled from a hypervisor perspective? Do you see zLinux computers within the BigFix console reporting as Physical?

I know the BigFix agent is installed and reporting on the virtual machines running under the LPARs. I’m not in the console now but the Hardware Inventory Report does not identify any physical computers so I do not think the console will show anything different. Is there an installation document describing how to install and configure the BigFix Agent for z/Linux and Solaris? I am getting good data from the VMs and even the frame but all I have of the LPARs are names.

Is this document relevant to your situation? https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKLLW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.inventory.doc/Inventory/planinconf/t_capacity_config_zvm.html

The Create Capacity Configuration for Linux on z Systems fixlet is relevant on all computers where manual configuration is required. It is not relevant on computers where automatic capacity configuration is supported. If the fixlet is not relevant, you do not have to perform any manual actions to calculate the capacity values.

Automatic capacity configuration is supported on Linux on z/KVM and on System z10 E64 (type 2097) mainframes with z/VM 6.3 that supports the Store Hypervisor Information (STHYI) instruction.

The problem is that the BigFix Agent does not run on the z/Linux hypervisor on IFL. It only runs on z/OS. IBM assumed that z/Linux physical computers would have at least one GP running z/OS. Our configuration is all IFL (no GP processors) so the agent will not run on the physical. We created a file for the agents on the VMs to read that identifies the physical computer host name.

Hi Team,
I am facing the same issue on one of the Linux system where we are pulling the data through disconnected scanner.
In my case obviously the task Create Capacity Configuration for Linux on z Systems will not become relevant.

It would be highly appreciated if someone will assist what shall I perform on such affected system?
Thanks