Would you like to participate in Self Service App Beta?

Hello everyone - We’ve been hard at work to deliver the Self Service App that aimed to provide a user-friendly, modern interface for your Device Owner to initiate software installs and other BigFix actions.

Many of you have already contributed your time during the research and design phases. Thank you! Previous beta testing program has been successful in giving us feedback to help us improve our product. Once again we are tapping into our BigFix community and this time we would like you to contribute your time to help us improve your Device Owner’s experiences.

If you are interested in participating in the Self Service App Beta Program, please reach out to me, Liz at ethi@us.ibm.com.

Below are the preliminary requirements for this program:

• A test lab with a BigFix Server, Console and at least one Client running Windows 7/Mac 10.9 or higher
    Require client test server
  • The BigFix Server, Console and Client must be installed or upgraded to version 9.5.3
  • No WebUI required
  • Placeholder (end of September) Initial kick-off with setup instruction
  • Starts on October 3, 2016
  • Ends on October 14, 2016

Thanks!

~Liz

6 Likes

Hey everyone - we now have a web form you could use to sign-up for Beta directly. Please let me know if you’re having difficulties accessing the web form. Thanks!

~Liz

https://www-01.ibm.com/marketing/iwm/iwm/web/pick.do?source=iem92cp&lang=en_US

Hi

How did the beta go? Is there a way for us to know a little bit more about it? Our customer is excited to have an opportunity to explore this option if and when it becomes available.

Thanks!

Josh

1 Like

Hi Josh - Beta’s going well. Have you already signed up via the link above?

Hi Liz

Based on the dates above, I thought the beta ended on October 14. Is this not the case? I don’t think we’d be able to get in on it anyway, as we’re still on v9.2.7.53, but I do want to know more about it. What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Josh

Hey Josh - The feedback we received by October 14th will be considered for GA. We are continously getting feedback for post GA consideration. I could set up a time with you this week to walk thru what we’re working on for GA. Could you please send me an email at ethi@us.ibm.com so I have your email address for the invite?

Thanks!

~Liz

Hey Liz, Please include me as well.
Sending you an email right away!

1 Like

The Self Service App has been in production since Dec 2016.

1 Like