Wmi query - network adaptor manufacturer?

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Is it possible to query the computer for a specific brand of network card on the computers? I have not used wmi very much but know that it must be possible. We are trying to isolate any computer that has the following type of card:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

1x1 11b/g/n Wireless LAN PCI Express Half Mini Card Adapter

If I could search based on it being a Realtek 1x1 card that would be great…or any way to search just for Realtek might even work. I have some network card drivers to push out to the computer and I want to only target the computers that have the Realtek 1x1 cards in them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Dan

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

It should already be there. Look at the computer details under the “Hardware Information (Windows)” section. You will need to have turned on the analysis by the same name.

(imported comment written by TravisIngram)

Also,

Instead of wasting WMI resources.

Pull details from Registry

Windows 7/Server 2008 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0007

Windows XP - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001

hi @system

for Windows 2012 server,

could you please share the reg key path ?

This thread is 6 years old, and was imported from the last time the forum was migrated. I doubt you’ll get an answer from the system account that was used to import these old messages…

2 Likes

And besides that, the path is the same. Did you try this?