WinPE interface

Have a strange one for my fellow bigfixers, i’m lost on where to even start fixing this issue…

We finally updated to the current version of MDT 3.10.33 8456 to support using Baremetal PXE booting for the newest builds of Windows 10. We were stuck on 1903 based on the MDT(3.10.10) we were on… . We’ve had issues upgrading in the past so we waited for a really long time to do it…

Anyway, everything works fine, we can PXE boot properly, we can select the image we want from a list and it completes successfully…

The only issue is the resolution on the “BigFix OS Deployment” screen… It gets cut off on some systems but looks completely normal on others… This issue started directly after the MDT update, I also updated baremetal to the most current version, we were one version back and still seeing this… Any thoughts?

Well i may have answered my own question… I found that If I go into the BIOS and enable CSM mode under startup it adds some compatibility and allows PE to detect the screen size and set resolution properly… Never had to do this before so it’s still somewhat a mystery as why we need to do that now…

2 Likes

Nice find!
Forum padding…

Hi,
if I’m correct, CSM mode is the way to boot the computer in Legacy (BIOS) mode and this fixes the issue because, as far I have seen also on other computer models, upgrading to WinPE 10 release id 2004 introduced this behavior when booting in UEFI mode.
On the observed models, the WinPE 10 release id 1903 works fine with the correct resolution in UEFI mode.
Thanks.